New England Grand Oriental Summer

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoker13

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I happened to have tried this series of McClelland tobaccos with the beginning of the summer weather and have found that with very little exception I've smoked nothing else but these 8 offerings. I love them, and they seem to go so well with the summer weather, the morning with my after breakfast coffee and the evening after dinner relaxation on the back patio.

My first taste of Orientals, at least specific to my knowledge, was the Yenidge in Tudor Castle (thankfully recommended to me by AJ) and also McClelland's wonderful 996.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest any other mild Oriental/Virginia blends. I'm not averse to some Latakia mixed in, as long as it doesn't take a front seat.

I would recommend you trying a few of the C&D Hebraica series blends. I really enjoyed Daylight, although the 2 ounces I smoked were very well aged. I love C&D's Oriental Silk & John Patton's Oriental Dusk. If you don't mind a touch of Latakia Peretti Oriental #40 is great and so is the current rendition of Presbyterian Mixture. GLP Cairo is a good one and I'll second the recommendation for Embarcadero.