New ESEE Izula and custom sheath.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
I bought two ESEE Izula knives a few weeks ago, after much research.  2 1/2” blade...6 1/4” overall.  You can get ‘em in high carbon 1095 or stainless 440C.  A company in Idaho (Rowen) does the tempering and heat treating and has a sky high reputation for doing the deed on 440C...which is an excellent worker when properly done.  I carry the knife in my front pocket and it works very well.  

I have one knife with a full G10 handle in crimson red and one with a sort of half Micarta scale in tan that leaves the terminal ring uncovered.  Both give a very controlled and secure grip.  And the knife is built like a friggin’ tank.  I just wanted to dump the cheap plastic sheath and find one in kydex.  I ended up finding a one man outfit on ETSY that makes a sheath for $22 delivered.

I ordered a kind of red camo pattern on one and an olive drab carbon fiber texture for the other.  Should work out well.  Some example pics below.  Both knives are bright, not coated black.

Pics of actual kydex sheaths received 2/21:

OK...I changed out one of the stainless blades and snagged one in 1095 high carbon.  This one is VENOM GREEN.  LOL.  I wanted one that I was not going to lose.  This one looks hard to leave behind.

Best color rendition is at bottom.

I have the same knife in the venom green and emergency orange.
Haven't managed to misplace them yet.

Cold Smoke":5146a032 said:

Do you use the factory sheath? I found a guy on Etsy that does nice kydex for about $22 base price that includes shipping. I think I put pics of a couple up here.

Howz this...

A few days ago I ordered one of the Damascus Izula knives from an outfit named “KnifeWorks”. There are several Damascus patterns out there right now and I wanted to be sure that the pattern I got would be the same pattern as the one shown in the photo I posted above. So I added that comment to the order.

At about noon today I got a call from “Brandy” - customer service I assume. She wanted to be sure I understood that the knife sent would not be an “exact match” but it was similar. She said she had about 3 people there “put their eyes on” the knife to get it right. OK Brandy...I’m impressed. Never had four people at any vendor eyeball my item to make sure I’d be happy before. Pretty sure they’ll hear from me again some day.

I’ll post a pic of the thing when it shows up so you guys can judge how well they did.

Blackhorse":cvp7cdr2 said:
Cold Smoke":cvp7cdr2 said:

Do you use the factory sheath?  I found a guy on Etsy that does nice kydex for about $22 base price that includes shipping.  I think I put pics of a couple up here.
Yep.
I like the factory sheath and found it hard wearing and well engineered with a good snug fit.

Cold Smoke":7fv7wiop said:
I give up trying to post an image of my Izulas.

Follow the protocol at the link below. It works. If it doesn’t I can send you my personal email address. Send me the photos and I can try and do it from that. It works about half the time. But if you can save them to a photo file on your computer, the method below is viable.

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t37624-posting-a-photo-from-your-computer

My orange Izula II is in my air search and rescue bail out bag offsite. Great knives for the price. Funky colors.