New guy on the block

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briarbrian

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

CP invited me to the board here. My name is Brian Ruthenberg and I am a pipemaker out of Port Huron Michigan. Thats about it in a nut shell.

My website is www.briarart.com if you care to take a look.

Thanks
Brian

Welcome Brian! I don't think you need any introductions here. :lol:

Welcome, Brian. Good to see you again. I look forward to viewing your sold pipes. (Seems like every pipe you post is already sold by the time I see it, lol!)

How do you sleep at night knowing everything you make is essentially sold before it is finished? Pretty good, I hope.

Love your work; post often.

showme

Hi Brian! :)

Showme, his most recent pipe was available before 6am our time this morning. Now that I am at work, it's sold. :lol:

Carlos":uy8q0kpe said:
Showme, his most recent pipe was available before 6am our time this morning. Now that I am at work, it's sold. :lol:
Sadly, this is why I will never be able to have a Ruthenberg pipe. :( The availablity of my money and the availability of his pipes are so far apart that never the twain shall meet!

His pipes sell just as fast in person, too! I sat with Brian at a Chicago show OUT IN THE HALLWAY and watched as he sold three pipes out of a bag to walk up customers. I felt dirty just watching. A shifty eyed man would sidle up to Brian and mumble a few words. Brian would casually produce a pipe which was then glanced over by the stranger. An affirming nod was given by both parties and money changed hands. The customer would scurry away and Brian would turn back with a knowing smile on his face.

I don't know why he even rents a table at pipe shows. He could save his money and stand at the door.

And a nicer guy you will never meet. Guaranteed.

showme