New iPhone on the way.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
After 15 years with T Mobile (still completely satisfied) I let them credit me $400 to trade in my Apple XR (TenR) and order a sunny new iPhone 14 Plus (YELLOW). The oversized (6.7”) one. 256 GB. Big battery. Ceramic screen. Leaps over tall buildings with a single bound! Yadda. Yadda. Yadda. Lookin’ forward to it.

4A5B293D-265F-4F7A-98AF-D3D16A6BB4AE.jpeg

After 15 years with T Mobile (still completely satisfied) I let them credit me $400 to trade in my Apple XR (TenR) and order a sunny new iPhone 14 Plus (YELLOW). The oversized (6.7”) one. 256 GB. Big battery. Ceramic screen. Leaps over tall buildings with a single bound! Yadda. Yadda. Yadda. Lookin’ forward to it.

View attachment 8842
You gonna get a matching backpack to carry it around, lol.

I'm still using my iPhone XR. Verizon has been hounding me to upgrade for months. I want the big iPhone 14 but I just haven't pulled the trigger on one yet.

I got the larger size…the Plus. No warts. I LOVED the XR! Important to me…The new one surpasses it in battery life, camera, screen size & memory (I got the 256GB version)…and it’s 5G. I got it because they’re doing a $400 trade in credit, which will go away sooner or later. Add all that up and the upgrade made sense to me. But I’m weak and stupid and easily attracted to sparkling things.

Verizon keeps hounding me with texts and offers of upgrading to Pixel 7 for free or Pixel 7 Pro for $180 if I go to a 5G plan. I have a Pixel 3A that is working perfectly fine (but I don't like smart phones).

Verizon lied to me a few years ago about 3G being dropped off the network very soon (which it wasn't) and forcing me to upgrade. I'm not falling for that ploy again.

I miss using my Samsung Convoy 4; nice, solid, simple, and reliable.

I used to be Android & liked it fine. Til I used Apple. Been with every company out there but have stayed with T Mobile for 15 years due to great service along the path. Now, I LOVE that I can get a new phone and have it chat and make friends with my computer (iPad Pro) instantly then get a call on either one. Plus best of all I know the OS out of the gate. Plus the iPhone 14+ is dunk proof and makes a pretty good Manhattan.

Eggy…if you’re just going to go to the 14+ then there’s no point in me mailing the protector to you. From what I’ve heard Verizon is essentially taking next of kin hostage til you upgrade.
Hey blackhorse, nope I’m not going to upgrade to the 14+. i have been looking at newer trucks and decided to spend some $$$ on mine to fix a few items.

I used to be Android & liked it fine. Til I used Apple. Been with every company out there but have stayed with T Mobile for 15 years due to great service along the path. Now, I LOVE that I can get a new phone and have it chat and make friends with my computer (iPad Pro) instantly then get a call on either one. Plus best of all I know the OS out of the gate. Plus the iPhone 14+ is dunk proof and makes a pretty good Manhattan.
But can it make a good old fashioned or dirty martini?

But can it make a good old fashioned or dirty martini?
So…the juice of 1/2 fresh lemon, a bit of simple syrup…over ice in a rocks glass…add a jigger of rye whiskey…stir & sip & smile. Is that an Old Fashioned? If so, yes, it’s a standard here. But I only get a sip of my wife's. With a cabinet full of really nice whiskey I don’t drink any longer - due to likely interactions with my regular meds. My general health and especially my blood chemistry are optimal thanks to a morning handful of pills. So I pick that over the whiskey. It’s a tough choice.

Edit: OK…my wife informed me…the drink is a Whisky Sour, not an Old Fashioned. Whatever.

Last edited:
So…the juice of 1/2 fresh lemon, a bit of simple syrup…over ice in a rocks glass…add a jigger of rye whiskey…stir & sip & smile. Is that an Old Fashioned? If so, yes, it’s a standard here. But I only get a sip of my wife's. With a cabinet full of really nice whiskey I don’t drink any longer - due to likely interactions with my regular meds. My general health and especially my blood chemistry are optimal thanks to a morning handful of pills. So I pick that over the whiskey. It’s a tough choice.

Edit: OK…my wife informed me…the drink is a Whisky Sour, not an Old Fashioned. Whatever.
theres nothing wrong with a whiskey sour either. Your wife has great tastes in drinks

You’re spot on Blackhorse about quality ingredients. When I was younger it was all about quantity now it’s all about quality

Blackhorse the case arrived over the weekend. I really like to. I really like how it covers the buttons but is still able to use them with no problem. My wife REALLY liked it and tried to fit the case on her 6 or 6s phone. I'm damn glad it wouldn't fit or else I know where it would be located now. That again sir.