New Job... again

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarlockBob

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Well, a day short of exactly six months, and I've found myself in a new job!
I loved my database administrator position, but due to some upcoming life changes (the lady friend got accepted to school across the country, namely), I found myself looking for a different job.

Luckily, I happened to find one that not only would hire my sorry tail, but they even gave me a pay raise and it's a work-from-home job. I am now a technical consultant/SQL developer for NCR's merchandising division. I'll be working with their chain store and retail systems software, so my big clients are grocery stores. I'll be working with them and the rest of the team I'm on to find solutions to specific issues or functions that clients want, along with visiting clients on business meetings to determine their needs and perform advanced technical training.

I started today, and all I've done is watch training videos and smoke my pipe. I'd call that a win in any book!

Congratulations on the new job, the first day sounds perfect!

Work from home, smoke a pipe at work, plus a raise.

I'd call that "Movin' on up!" 8)

That's a great outcome WB. I'm made up for you mate. Sounds like you've had a wonderful first day!

Congrats Bob, that's really great news. Love it when I can work from home with my pipe planted in my mouth. Sounds like a sweet deal.

Cheers mate

Tim

Sitt'en on your keester watching videos and smoking a pipe?
Hmm, and a pay raise ta boot.....were do I sign up?
I can do that, in fact I'm over qualified....maybe I can be your boss.

WarlockBob":zezcrujs said:
Ron, I think I can find a spot for ya! :geek:

Thanks guys, I hope it works out!
Great! One question though, is it casual dress or do I have to wear coveralls and a tie?

Hey, all kidding aside, congrads on landing the dream job.

WarlockBob":713p2fbe said:
Hell, you'd be lucky if I put on pants! :p

That's how you can tell you've got a quality job - pants are optional and smoking is allowed
Lord! make me lucky......PLEEEEEEEEEEase!

I'm just waiting for WB to get his first paycheck so he can buy more of my pipes! I mean, er, um.... Congratulations! :mrgreen: