New look for BoB?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s “us” not you. Under a new system for site management. Everything you’re used to is still here...just kinda scrambled. Supposed to be an improvement. Have fun with it.

I agree with what the last two posters said...just too early for this sort of surprise :shock:

(I note the old broken emoticons remain broken)

Okay, whew! Thought something went wonkie with my browser. I guess it looks a bit cleaner(?)

Ok, it's definitely just stepped up a gear. Had to reset password when accessing from my phone (now accessing from laptop). Looks like one of my last posts on this thread is missing too. Where's the BoB gone?!

WE'VE LOST OUR MISSION BADGES! TELL ME IT ISN'T SO.... imho that was one of the little nuances of this forum that made the BoB what it is (was).

This is not the final look. More changes to come.

I have questions in about the stickied threads and the images files called badges, used in the signatures. I hope someone has all those saved somewhere, so that we can replace them when able to do so. I do not think we are prevented from doing so. They just did not migrate over. Yet.

Looks like we lost, or are temporarily missing, posts since last Saturday or Sunday? Something like that. It's showing my last post, up until this one, was last Saturday, and that ain't the case.

Good day all. I've just sent a message to the developer that did the content transfer asking about your signatures and badges. We are not finished setting up the finer points of BoB and the new look. This is bare bones just to keep you able to post and visit with each other. This is rather like moving into a house before all the finishes are completed.

I agree with what the last two posters said...just too early for this sort of surprise :shock:

(I note the old broken emoticons remain broken)

What broken emojis? Smileys? The ones that came with the software are working.

What broken emojis? Smileys? The ones that came with the software are working.

That was prior to this new forum provider. Jason, or someone, not me, had moved our avatars to the right side. At that time we were still on Forumotion, and yes, those broken emoticons were still broken. We had a few custom emojis that got lost over the years. I suspect that they were hosted on a website that disappeared or started charging for the service.

We are no longer on Forumotion folks. Check your mobile devices and iPads, etc. In case you are linked through Forumotion to BoB Forum. You may need to clear a cache.

Looking at the bottom of the web page, Jason has us on XenForo. Angie is setting up the forum and dealing with issues. And I really do not know how many more people are involved in that process.

The other day when the avatars shifted sides, we were still on the old system. This new look is the newer system and still changing. So, if something is not working. Or you do not see the answer to a question in the How To Use the New Software link near the top of the page, please ask. Angie may ask you about it.

Angie is aware of signatures not migrating over. And the small images in the signatures we called badges.

I will pop in when I can. I am out mowing the parks and picking stuff up.