New look for BoB?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...login where, Angie? This site is where I go to login to the BoB. Will it be a different web address, and if so, please could it be provided for us?

Many thanks for your ongoing support (y) :)

Don't worry. I'll find out and tell you. Nothing to try to figure out until I can get you the exact information. So, relax and have a good Sunday and I'll be looking out for you on this matter.

Well, as always there's nothing good about change, I dislike like this immensely and I know I haven't been around much for quite some time but, this change is sure to keep me away. Goodbye all!

It's a great shame to lose you Ron and I hope you will reconsider. Your pipes and craftsmanship have been Numero Uno for many of us here. Your loss will be lamented.

Whether we like it or not sometimes things change. But I understand your POV.

Cheers,

RR

Yes, I got a little irritated when I came to the forum only to find after I logged in nothing happened and I couldn't access anything.
That went on for about 3 days I think and it really ticked me off. My first thought was the site had been attacked and corrupted with something.
I kept getting emails from BOB letting me know of new postings but, couldn't get in. When I finally did get in everything was backwards and unrecognizable.
I felt like a blind man that the furniture all had been moved on. I hope you all will accept my deepest apology, Angie and to all that was affected by my post and email (Angie). I'm old and stuck in my ways and have always hated change. I still live in the 60's and the only things I have modern are things this world has made a necessity.
But, I still haven't even a cellphone nor want one, I reckon you can call me a Luddite and if it was up to me, I'd be living in the 40's. I hope this will explain a little about who I am and why I feel the way I do about change. I reckon I'll stick around and see what happens and hope things move smoothly from now on. I have noticed that it aint backwards anymore and it is starting to look like a forum again, maybe not the same one but, I reckon it'll do. I'll miss the old site as if it was a good friend who had passed. Now if that doesn't tell ya something about me, nothing will.
nuts.gif

Fantastic @RDPipes. I'm so glad you came back. You are not the first person that had a strong reaction when their internet home changes. In about a week or less, you'll be more comfortable and you have my email if need help. Great to see you.

Fantastic @RDPipes. I'm so glad you came back. You are not the first person that had a strong reaction when their internet home changes. In about a week or less, you'll be more comfortable and you have my email if need help. Great to see you.
Thank you Ma'am!
LiftHat.gif

Well, as always there's nothing good about change, I dislike like this immensely and I know I haven't been around much for quite some time but, this change is sure to keep me away. Goodbye all!

Ron, once you've logged in and posted once, you've successfully made the change already.

Ron, once you've logged in and posted once, you've successfully made the change already.
I reckon you just don't understand what change does to some people, you have to be able to walk in my shoes so to speak but, real fact is
you'll never be able to because it's how our brains work and only one that feels what I feel can do that.
I'm here and it does look much better then my first visit so as I said earlier, I'll stick around and see what happens.

Please be sure to read the thread about how to use the forum. The link is in the notices at the top of the page. If you are here and just now seeing the ads, that will tell you how not to see them when you are logged in.

I reckon you just don't understand what change does to some people, you have to be able to walk in my shoes so to speak but, real fact is
you'll never be able to because it's how our brains work and only one that feels what I feel can do that.
I'm here and it does look much better then my first visit so as I said earlier, I'll stick around and see what happens.

Ron, I'm here in San Marcos, where in Texas are you?

I reckon you just don't understand what change does to some people, you have to be able to walk in my shoes so to speak but, real fact is you'll never be able to because it's how our brains work and only one that feels what I feel can do that.
I'm glad you're here and as creative as you are, I'm quite certain that you'll be comfortable with the new look in very short order.
I'm more than a decade older than you and still struggling to figure out all the bells and whistles on my 2017 Subaru. I know that change is more difficult as we age, but I much rather struggle with change and live far into old age, than have my daughters deal with the alternative.

Don't worry. I'll find out and tell you. Nothing to try to figure out until I can get you the exact information. So, relax and have a good Sunday and I'll be looking out for you on this matter.

You can login here and get all your old private messages: Log in
All sorted, thank you Admin for providing this opportunity. :) (y)

Well, it's been a while since I've been on here, and talk about a change!
I know it's going to be rough to get used to for a while, but I am digging the look. I've spent too much time in web development and other areas dealing with things like forums, and I know just how fiddly and painful any platform change can be. Forums are driven by user content, and any change to structure or organization for said content is always difficult to manage.

Also, hey everyone! Been a while. :)

I know it's going to be rough to get used to for a while, but I am digging the look. I've spent too much time in web development and other areas dealing with things like forums, and I know just how fiddly and painful any platform change can be. Forums are driven by user content, and any change to structure or organization for said content is always difficult to manage.

Welcome home Bob! Good to see you!

Great to have you back with us Bob!

Cheers,

RR

I'm glad you're here and as creative as you are, I'm quite certain that you'll be comfortable with the new look in very short order.
I'm more than a decade older than you and still struggling to figure out all the bells and whistles on my 2017 Subaru. I know that change is more difficult as we age, but I much rather struggle with change and live far into old age, than have my daughters deal with the alternative.
That would make you in your 80's I reckon, just so I know, how do you know how old I am seeing it isn't posted?