New look for BoB?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes sir, I wrote that in 2016 so yes it's been a few years now. I'll be 67 this year and to be truthful I'm not happy about it.
But, what ya gona do, gotta just grin and bare it.

I'll be 67 this year and to be truthful I'm not happy about it. But, what ya gona do, gotta just grin and bare it.
July, 2021, I turn 77, hopefully. I am thrilled to be alive. My mother died at 42, father at 58. I boarded a plane to S. Vietnam on July 11, 1968, wondering if I'd live the length of my 12 month tour. My tour was extended until 9/26/1969. I've dealt with many health issues as a result of Agent Orange exposure. My wife died in 2008, sister in 2010. I'm still here and looking for something to enjoy every day.

July, 2021, I turn 77, hopefully. I am thrilled to be alive. My mother died at 42, father at 58. I boarded a plane to S. Vietnam on July 11, 1968, wondering if I'd live the length of my 12 month tour. My tour was extended until 9/26/1969. I've dealt with many health issues as a result of Agent Orange exposure. My wife died in 2008, sister in 2010. I'm still here and looking for something to enjoy every day
Fair play Steve, from a fellow Vet, respect to you Sir.

I'm confused by the little red bell notifications at the top. I've seen that thing lit up a couple times now, seeing that I've been quoted or whatever, only to click on it and see nothing new. People posting and then deleting their posts?

I'm confused by the little red bell notifications at the top. I've seen that thing lit up a couple times now, seeing that I've been quoted or whatever, only to click on it and see nothing new. People posting and then deleting their posts?

You control that in your profile. You can choose what you get notified about. It is under Preferences. By default, you will be notified of every option it seems. And there are a fair number of options to choose from.

So, we're a month or so in to the new platform and I must say I rather like it and believe it to be a very positive step forward. It's a big thumbs up from me and a thank you to all those responsible (y)

I boarded a plane to S. Vietnam on July 11, 1968, wondering if I'd live the length of my 12 month tour. My tour was extended until 9/26/1969.
I think my plane over there and your plane back to “the world” musta passed each other on their respective ways. Obviously both of us made it...even though I was with the 11th Armored Cavalry as a medic...they took good care of me. No Agent Orange issues. Just a little PTSD that manifests itself as a hankering for whiskey, loose women and tobacco. 😁

On this Thanksgiving Day, I am very thankful to be alive and fairly well. I never dreamed that I'd live this long. "Hankering for whiskey, loose women, and tobacco" is a quality of life I am pleased to share