New MacBaren blend?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottbtdmb

Reaction score
Good evening Brothers,

I heard rumblings awhile back on another forum about a new blend from MacBaren that was debuted at the Chicago Show this year. Basically, it was some of the components used for Old Dark Fired, with added Latakia and possibly Orientals? It was my understanding that they had a prototype available for people to try and based on positive feedback, informed folks that they would indeed be tinning the blend.

Unfortunately, as the forum where this info was originally written is now starting anew due to hackers, I was unable to go back and find the original post on that site. Does anyone on here know anything about this blend (i.e. a possible release date, a name for the blend, etc.) Any info would be appreciated as this blend really intrigues me.

Thanks,
Scott

The only thing I could dig up was HH Vintage Syrian....VA, Kentucky, Orientals, Latakia. If by "awhile back" you mean 7 years ago, this might be the one since it looks to have been introduced in 06. :lol: 

Storm_Crow":sd91a1i9 said:
The only thing I could dig up was HH Vintage Syrian....VA, Kentucky, Orientals, Latakia. If by "awhile back" you mean 7 years ago, this might be the one since it looks to have been introduced in 06. :lol: 
No, this blend was introduced as a prototype at this year's (2013) Chicago Show. MacBaren gained enough positive feedback that they said they would be tinning the blend. I cannot remember who posted the original thread on Smokers' Forum back in May, but since that site has been hacked and has been forced to start anew, I have no way of digging it up. I was hoping that someone on here may have tried the blend at the Chicago Show or had some intel that I didn't have. No big deal, I will take the other poster's advice and try the Mac Baren forum.

-Scott

Indeed B7.
I was curious and emailed the company on whatever happened to it.

I got this excellent reply:
Thank you for your Email in which you ask what happened to the B7 pipe tobacco. Yes, it got a new name
and were introduced in 2014. You will be able to find the B7 under HH Latakia Flake. I do hope you will
enjoy it.

Mystery solved for anyone looking for B7!