New member can't sign up.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermit

Reaction score
BoB was just discussed over on Cigar Weekly.

I told Smokestack Jack to come join us.
He says: 
"I just wish I could register with them. It won't let me. It thinks I'm a spammer!"

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Can anyone help?[/font]

They have changed the thing I was doing to turn off the security check. But I think I found the new way to do that. Tell him to try again. I will kind of keep and eye on who signs up. Or someone let me know and I will turn it back on after he gets signed up. This anti-spam system they are using is a bit of a pain.

Hermit":zz08apsb said:
BoB was just discussed over on Cigar Weekly.

I told Smokestack Jack to come join us.
He says: 
"I just wish I could register with them. It won't let me. It thinks I'm a spammer!"

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Can anyone help?[/font]

Thanks!
I told him to try again.
There is renewed activity in Cigar Weekly's Pipe Room.
We might get a few new members.

No one has done it yet.

I see one in the queue that failed to answer the email, or whatever people do to complete their membership signup now days. So it failed. Back in July. kasewood was the username. I manual triggered it to be active. Whomever that is should be able to post now.

This thread answers some of the questions and tells how to contact me.

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t34386-signing-up-problems

Aw heck!

The User Activation routine being off, does not turn off that CAPTCHA thing any longer. And I do not see an option to turn it off anywhere. So I will have to contact the French guys at Forumotion to see what can be done about it.

Later
Carlos

I am beating my head against the wall and this guy I am dealing with is supposed to be in the states.

I found another thread on the support forums that says that CAPTCHA thing is gone. But that a User Verification was put in it's place. But that may be broken now.

When I type, I usually type exactly as I speak. Apparently my accent is causing me some grief.

Ape (at Forumotion Support Forums)":6p968fx2 said:
Re: Turn off the CAPTCHA!

Post by APE Today at 4:02 pm
Hello i can help here.

the tools to turn off the CAPTCHA system was removed for the flowing reason.

when Google changed the way sites are seen as safe or not safe they added the new SSL certificate system, Now when members turned off the CAPTCHA system Google and other browsers would just block your sites and then No one not even the founder could get in.

So we took it on our self to remove that tool in the ACP so everyone has to have the CAPTCHA system when making an account on the forum.

That was why the tools in your ACP was removed.
We are sorry if some one can not make an account on your forum and we will do what we can to help you if this is a problem but sadly the tools will not be installed back on your ACP as this system no longer worked for us and you.

kind regards.

APE
I did ask if there is a discussion at Forumotion about a work-a-round. Right now it does not sound good.

So one of the Admins at the Forumotion support forums thought that there may be a problem that should not be. He's forwarded it to the technical staff.

I hope they come up with some resolution.

Carlos":45vrsw15 said:
So one of the Admins at the Forumotion support forums thought that there may be a problem that should not be.  He's forwarded it to the technical staff.  

I hope they come up with some resolution.  
Well that's some better news anyhow Carlos. At least it sounds like they care enough to do something.

Cheers,

RR

There's another pipe smoking forum that won't let me stayed registered also. It lets me register for a day and then I can't even get on the site

weedsnager":xcm14h9a said:
There's another pipe smoking forum that won't let me stayed registered also. It lets me register for a day and then I can't even get on the site

That sounds similar to the problem of using a changing IP. It recognizes at some point that you have many IP address as having been used within a certain time, and then it labels you as a spammer. Or, they are trying to ban you. :lol: