New MM Cob Design

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
This is a new one to me. Just ordered it from Mars. I love cobs. I love sitters. Should be a winner.

The official blurb from Dagner’s website: Long a fan of smoking corn cob pipes, this represents the Dagner's first cob production. We don't think it could have turned out any better. The pipe is a Dagner and Missouri Meerschaum collaboration that pipe smokers have waited for for quite some time now. The pipe is fitted with a durable acrylic stem, which means it will last even longer than a regular Missouri Meerschaum cob.

Brand: Dagner Pipes

Model: Poker Cob

Style: Poker Cob

Shape: Poker

Length: 4.38 in. / 111.26 mm.

Height: 2.01 in. / 51.13 mm.

Weight: 1.4 oz. / 38 g.

Bowl Depth: 1.47 in. / 37.43 mm.

Bowl Outside Diameter: 1.35 in. / 34.16 mm.

Bowl Inside Diameter: 0.78 in. / 19.69 mm.

Filter: None

Finish: Smooth

Bowl Material: Nickel Plated Brass

Stem Material: Acrylic

Package: Sock

I stuck a longer vulcanite stem on mine that just happened to fit. It still sits! Love it either way. The pipe looks to be higher quality than my others.

Blackhorse":0t5mwz0v said:
This is a new one to me. Just ordered it from Mars. I love cobs. I love sitters. Should be a winner.

The official blurb from Dagner’s website: Long a fan of smoking corn cob pipes, this represents the Dagner's first cob production. We don't think it could have turned out any better. The pipe is a Dagner and Missouri Meerschaum collaboration that pipe smokers have waited for for quite some time now. The pipe is fitted with a durable acrylic stem, which means it will last even longer than a regular Missouri Meerschaum cob.

I've also got one but I fitted a longer stem. I smoke it almost daily, excellent smoker.

monbla256":xgasclvz said:
To short !! :twisted: :twisted:
Yes. That's why I fitted a longer stem to mine.

This is one lovely pipe and an excellent smoker, takes any tobacco in it's stride. A must have!!

I was just looking at my cobs. Apparently the higher priced ones tend to need less filler material on the bowl, the cob itself. My Dagner looks like it has none at first glance. I think it does, though--the little segments are just smaller, tighter, and more uniform. As in the picture above. Cool.

Oooh, nooo! I spy the dreaded gap ‘twixt shank and mouthpiece! I bought me one of those, and it smokes very well, easy to carry, well made, looks nice, and a nice price. Length is a matter of personal preference. I think variety is good in stylistic concerns. (I’ve seen French briars advertised with a length of 4”, basically a bowl with a mouthpiece? For some reason I don’t notice a big diff in the smoking experience of stubby vs full length cobs.

Now that's a shape I can get behind. The length well that's another story but it sure wouldn't stop me from picking one up. It would be worth the burnt facial hair.

Jim

Blackhorse":6q1zwq03 said:

I've had mine for almost a year, really a great pipe IMO

Brewdude":kjsu81o5 said:
Falcon Puffer":kjsu81o5 said:
Have you seen the new RC? They're a collaboration with Chris Morgan.

Where are these available Mr. Puffer?

Cheers,

RR
I have ordered mine directly from Missouri Meerschaum pipes

SpeedyPete":o8o8fqar said:
Brewdude":o8o8fqar said:
Falcon Puffer":o8o8fqar said:
Have you seen the new RC? They're a collaboration with Chris Morgan.

Where are these available Mr. Puffer?

Cheers,

RR
I have ordered mine directly from Missouri Meerschaum pipes
I didn't see these on the MM site. Can you provide a link Pete?

Cheers,

RR