New Pipe enthusiast

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Greetings all from CT (formerly of Maine)
I am a new inductee into the world of Pipe smoking and tobacco (former cig smoker turned Pipe Lover).

I am here to chat and learn so if I over irritate with newbie questions I appologise now....

Wado (Thank You in Cherokee)
LdyDoc

Welcome from another newbie gleening info from this wonderful forum. Congrats on your move from the stick to the pipe. A much more dignified method of smoking pleasure for sure.

I already asked some newbie annoying things so dont feel bad about the questions...

Glad to see another person joining the pipe smoker clan.

Welcome. So which tobaccos do you like? How many pipes currently in your collection? What kind of doctor are you?

welcome indeed. Soem of the best guys are here. you'll enjoy. And ask away...I still am.

David

Welcome LadyDoc! And wado for joining!

I am Eastern Band Cherokee in NC. Glad to make your acquaintance!

Mark

Welcome to the forum!! You will have fun here and learn a lot here. The people here have a wealth of knowledge of pipes and tobaccos. The whole place has a very generous nature and love to share even if they try to hide it sometimes ;) . Look forward to more of your posts :cyclops: :sunny: :sunny:

For such a grand welcome,

I am called 'Doc' by many, as I am a 'Healer' by nature, Nurse, Vet Tech, even a Healer of lost souls(Minister).....(sometimes).

As I said I am a 'newbie', we have a Tobacconist here, I have tried a few of their 'blends', (Carolina Tobaccos), I have found a Black Cherry blend,and their Captains Champagne, to my liking so far...

I actually have 3 Missouri Meerschaum's, a pony, a mezzou, and a dark Ozark Mountain yes not fancy but I don't want to ruin a good pipe, with poor knowledge, or knowing what type of Tobacco I want to use etc....

I have just acquired a 'Rose in Hand" meerschaum, unsmoked, and don't quite know what I want to do with it??

I also have a vintage "Kay woody" on its way to me.

I did find interesting that my instincts were good, use a 'cob' pipe to get used to pipe smoking, and different tobacco's, then use the Best pipes, for the best Tobacco's.

I would like to know, as far as the Meerschaum 'Rose in Hand', when I do smoke it....how should I go about seasoning it....???
The 'cob' pipes I just filled and lit (sorry, again newbie).

Any suggestions would be welcome.....

Welcome to the forum; sounds like you're off to a good start!
Here's a site you ought to visit on a regular basis, if you haven't already: www.tobaccoreviews.com It's just what it says it is. Reviews of thousands of tobaccos. Some of the descriptions may not make sense to you at first, so ask your questions here. You can learn a lot that way. there are so many wonderful tobaccos available nowdays. You'll find some that you want to try, for sure. Your local B&M ("Brick and Mortar") may not have them, but may be able to get it for you; if not, they are available online.
Happy puffing!
- Leroy

Welcome from another 'newbie', you have come to the right place. Great bunch of people, and if they can't answer your ?,(which is doubtful), they can sure send you to someone who can.

Bulldog Bruce

Never Forget

Welcome to the forum!!! Its great to have you here :cyclops: :bounce: :sunny:

Welcome to the forum,
Sorry to lose you from up in Maine. We need more pipe smokers up here.
Enjoy the wonderful world of tasty tobaccos and many varieties of quality briars and easy smoking cobs. I'm sure you will have fun on your journey.

I have been very home sick of late, From Waterville, thinking seriously about moving back this summer........
.............ya very well may be gaining a pipe smokin redheaded gal....up north..

donadahitsu (untill we meet again)

LdyDoc
:queen:

Welcome aboard, LadyDoc. Hope to see your posts.Do you miss, Maine. I am from southern Maine myself.Point sabago area.

Alan :D

Yes, I know Sebago, we used to camp there, I miss Maine terribly and am looking hard at moving home.

I am including a few pic of some pipes I recently aquired from ebay (ya i know) from an estate sale......what do u think??

First 2 are marked 20 th century

20thcitalybriar.jpg

20thcitalybriar2.jpg

THis is my meeschaum rose in hand

rose3.jpg

This is my Kay Woodie Briar

34f1_0-1.jpg

363b_0.jpg