New pipe on the way

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idlefellow

Reaction score
I have to admit I don't buy many pipes any more; I have more than enough, and I'm not a collector, just an old pipe smoker. But now and then something catches my eye, like this one that popped up on the bay...

B5_zpsfzrkdc6o.jpg

I like the take on a classic bulldog shape, but with the bead up high, almost like a calabash adaptation. A slight bend, and then there's that diamond shank which I'm a sucker for every time. I even rather like the rustication pattern. True, it has a fishtail bit, and I may be one of the few who actually likes the p-lip. All my Petes have them, and to me it's one of the things that makes a Peterson a Peterson. But I really liked the pipe so I decided I could live with it.

I watched it for several days, knew the closing time was around 8:00 PM my time, and had my max bid all ready to stick in as the closing got closer. Well, I got wrapped up in trying to play some Robert Johnson licks on my Regal Duolian, and the darn time just blew right by me! Coupled with that, the winning bidder stole it! I was very unhappy with myself!  If somebody here got it you got a beautiful pipe at a great price.

Went out in search, and found a new one on the web; it's on the way now. Actually paid a little less than I was prepared to pay for the used one, and this one will have a p-lip. My only concern is that even though they're a production pipe the shapes can vary somewhat; hope the one I get is as nice visually as the ebay pipe. Pics upon arrival...