New Pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldstogie

Reaction score
cowtownpoker23.jpg

This is a picture of a new pipe I had commissioned by Tim George of TRG Handcrafted Pipes out of Waxahatchie, TX. He just completed it and shipped it last weekend; am anxiously awaiting its arrival. This is the second pipe I have bought from him; the first I happened on quite by accident about 3 months ago as he had just posted it for sale on his website for $125 (the "stockmanstone"). It is a beauty and smokes better every pipefull. This pipe I commissioned is based loosely on one of his earlier works. He has been carving pipes only for about 3 years pretty much in his spare time. His website, [email protected] , includes a gallery of his current and past work. I recommend you all take a look. His prices are very reasonable for handcrafted, commissioned work and will probably increase as his reputation becomes more established. His attention to detail and craftsmanship are far above the prices he charges.

That pipe is beautiful.

NAG: This post should probably be in the PAD/TAD section.

PipeGeek":qbmqch4f said:
NAG: This post should probably be in the PAD/TAD section.
People from West Michigan are easily confused. :D Great looking pipe, neighbor.

You're right, we are easily confused (too much sun and water lately). I did re-post this to the PAD/TAD section with another picture. Wasn't George Kaplan the character Cary Grant was mistaken for in "North By Northwest"?

oldstogie":9136a1ni said:
Wasn't George Kaplan the character Cary Grant was mistaken for in "North By Northwest"?
Yes it is! You're actually the first on this forum to point that out. That's one of my favorite Hitchcock films, despite the fact that it means I don't exist. Kaplan's really my middle name, as well as the maiden name of my German/Jewish grandmother. It seems that movie was one of my Dad's favorites as well, and he has an odd sense of humor.
I haven't been out to the Lake yet this season, but it's practically beach weather already!