New Pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oops this should probably be under pad and tad...

Aaron,

Nice pipe, let us know how she smokes, and for what its worth 09' was a really rough year for me as well, keep the faith in 2010.

All my Stanwells smoke very well. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Praying for a good 2010 for you.

Very nice Aaron! You deserved it! I believe that 2009 might have been a rough year for a lot of us. It is going to get better. Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Aaron! Excellent choice in pipe, enjoy it. Raised bowls to hopefully a better 2010 for all!

Lou

Aaron, Happy Birthday and congrats on the new pipe. I just got my first Stanwell recently and can't believe how nice a pipe they are. Yours is very distinctive and I am sure will become a great friend. 2010 is going to be a great year, I just started a new job after being off for 4 months so I am right beside you cheering all the way.

Great pipe, I hope you and your Stanwell form a friendship that lasts many years,,,cup o joes has some great deals, bought my last Stanwell there,,,,may it give you as much pleasure as mine is giving me,,,,

Very nice, I tend to favor the poker shape. My Stanwells all smoke great, so yours should treat you to many wonderful bowls. I think '09 was harsh to alot of us, so here's to a outstanding new year.

Nice pipe, and, as others have already commented, my Stanwell's also smoke great. Just don't let the boss of your store know you bought an on-line pipe!

What types of tobacco are you into these days?

Natch

Thanks everybody! This is actually my second stanwell, I think the other one is listed under my profile pic. Can't remember exactly what it's called off hand. What I do know is when we tried to order more for the shop we were told it had been discontinued.

Actually I got the poker from my shop. I just used the pic from cupojoes to show you guys. Didn't feel like snapping a pic at the time of the posting. I got a better deal than cupojoes could offer anyway. ;)

As for tobacco. I am leaning heavily toward Virginias presently. FVF and I just got a tin of Virginia no. 1 by mb. The no. 1 burns a little hot, kinda bit as well. I really like FVF, I just can't find anymore right now. I'm also looking for something that is not flake. Anyone know of any good loose Virginias I should try? This little pipe is going to be Virginia dedicated, plus it's the first of my collection with out a connection to the woman, our own Irene Adler, the only woman to ever best me.

Hermit":ibegki1s said:
Aaron":ibegki1s said:
Anyone know of any good loose Virginias I should try?
Have you smoked Hal o' the Wynd?
I have not. I just looked it up on TR and people seem to like it. What say you?

Aaron,

Very nice Stannie poker! As for good non-flake virginias, try McClellend's bulk 5100 Red Cake -- a very tasty and mild mixture that has a nice round sweetness, punctuated by fleeting bright notes -- a great all day smoke, to be sure.
If you haven't tried Old Gowrie or Marlin Flake, check them out as well, though they are both "broken" flakes, but quite yummy.

Cheers!

Nice stanwell...I love the 3 that I have and can't wait to get more once I find a money tree.

As far as tobacco, I am a bit of a VA lover also, for the time being at least. Old Gowrie and Hal O the wind are excellent. HOW is very strong to me, but also very good (I LOVE NICOTINE!). OG was one of my go tos along with FVF, until I tried GLP's Union Square and Embarcadero...now I can't get enough of the GLP blends. Embarcadero also has some Izmir in it if I remember correctly and is a broken flake, the VA definately comes through though and it is amazing. Union Square is all VA and super yummy also.

As far as non-flake VAs go, you might want to try Boswell's Dan's Blend if you have tried and liked any of their other blends before. It is a ribbon cut...I have been told by others that it is a mix of "pure" VAs, but I believe it to be flavored with somethin' else also just because it is so dang sweet. I definately don't have the expertise to say for sure one way or the other though. Regardless, I enjoy it very much and it is definately one of the sweetest and easiest to smoke VAs I have tried so far.

Personally though, I am going to have a hard time smoking anything but Union Square and Embarcadero for a while...those are some damn good tobaccos.