New Puppy

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanubutter

Reaction score
We had to get a new member of the pack since putting are 14 year old golden retriever down in January. Our terrier was bummed, the wife was sad and moody. So a 12 week old retriever puppy has been the spark needed in the house. He is already potty \ dog door trained and has the basic commands down. This has kept me busy walking, training and since retiring as well. And if the wife is happy everyone is happy.

Blackhorse":6oypp4qm said:
WHAT?  A new puppy and no photos?  What the heck!
Absolutely.  No photos = it didn't happen  ;)

(Tough news about your old retriever, but delighted at your good news  :) )

Hunter just woke up and his ears were laying back. Cuteness factor of 10.

Yes sir, he's going to be a good big "puppy"! I feel sad about you having to put your old dog away. I know about that. We had a 14 year old yellow lab we put down 2 years ago. We are still searching for another one. Our little mini wiener dog is still missing her also. I'd like to get another one, but the wife doesn't want one saying it would remind her of our old lab, Daisy. I'm thinking maybe a black lab this time. And, I would name it Piper!

Sorry to hear you had to put your furry friend down that's always hard. The new pup is indeed a certified cutie! Hope you guys have many happy years together.

Jim

Thanks for the comments. He can be a handful at times but he is learning. Now where is my other shoe? :lol:

Hunter, the puppy is now up-to-date on all of his shots and weighed in at 44 lbs. To borrow a line from the movie Meet Wally Sparks; I should have named him Egypt, everywhere he goes he leaves a pyramid.
He is now retrieving the frisbee, as long an his attention span holds out. The dogs like hanging out while I have a cigar or pipe after playing for a few hours; quite time for all.

Congratulations on the new puppy I know I love my breed in Chesapeake Bay Retriever retrievers are the best way to go soon he'll have you wrapped around his paw and you will be owned