New RO Series from P&C.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimInks

Reaction score
I just saw that Pipe&Cigars are starting a new series named after Russ Ouellette. They'll be releasing the first in the series soon, called Firestorm. It's going to be a stout VaPerKy: http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-tobacco/89592/ro-series-fire-storm/

Here's the description:
I’ve been blending pipe tobacco for nearly forty years, but ten years ago is when things really took off. I had made some blends for our brick & mortar store that did well, so we put them up for sale on P&C, and that was the beginning of Hearth & Home. Recently I was asked to make a new series that would let me stretch my wings, as it were, trying to think outside the box, and to use tobaccos and techniques that were different than anything I had done previously. I welcomed this challenge. The powers-that-be, here at P&C wanted me to put name on these blends, and here’s the first entry in the RO Series – Fire Storm.

While most of the RO Series will be small-batch, limited editions, Fire Storm will be continuously available. I took the Virginias I used in my best-known Virginia-based blend, Anniversary Kake, and amped up the Perique content. Then I added a splash of some very nice dark-fired leaf. Fire Storm starts out, as does Anniversary Kake, quite sweet, but the spice shows up shortly thereafter and builds gradually through the end, with a peppery finish. If you like bold Virginia/Perique blends, give it a try and you’ll understand the reason for its name.

Brewdude":bjigfjs9 said:
Firestorm sounds right in my wheelhouse from the description. Thanks for the heads-up Jim, and I can't wait for your review!

Cheers,

RR
Dunno when I will get a sample. I'm not buying tobacco right now because I have so much open stuff now, and I spent my tobacco budget last summer for some time.

But Jim, don't you know how much I count on you!?. Kidding aside, I do love your reviews but understand. I have fallen out of the market in terms of purchasing pipes and tobaccos myself recently. It's truly an odd feeling.
Side note: To the man that has a beautiful Edward G. Robinson portrait as a profile pic, I must say that I got two EGR biographies for Xmas!

juanmedusa":re5e9u68 said:
But Jim, don't you know how much I count on you!?. Kidding aside, I do love your reviews but understand. I have fallen out of the market in terms of purchasing pipes and tobaccos myself recently. It's truly an odd feeling.  
Side note: To the man that has a beautiful Edward G. Robinson portrait as a profile pic, I must say that I got two EGR biographies for Xmas!
Thanks for the kind words, Juan. I've read a couple of EGR bios, too. He was a fascinating man.