New Rossi

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistolero

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Been looking at Oom Pauls and full bents on ebay. My favorite briar I have so far is the Peterson XL02. I like the way the bent pipes hang. Been wanting a Savinelli 614. Looking on smokingpipes I came across the Rossi pipes. These are made by Savinelli in the same shapes. The Vittoria 8614 is the same shape as the Savinelli 614 but isn't cut for the filter, which I wouldn't use anyway. And they are cheap.

I Ordered one of these the other day:

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/rossi/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=336703

They don't show any in stock right now but it was $43.20.

Kudos to smokingpipes.com. I ordered the night before last, they shipped it yesterday, and it showed up today.

Nice looking pipe!   I have a Rossi Vittoria 8626.  It's a good smoking pipe.  I'm sure you will enjoy yours. Just break it in slowly.  It gets better the more you smoke it.

Here's a pic of mine:

Oom Paul is one of my top three standard shapes. You can hang a well shaped one on your jaw and slowly puff away for a couple of hours. Oddly, the best one I’ve ever had is a basket pipe. Smokes like a dream.

Corncobcon":cw0klzy7 said:
Just break it in slowly.  
Not happening! First two days I put 4 bowls a day through it. Took it apart and dried it out in between as well as possible though. Tasted the bowl coating the first couple smokes but some cake started sticking right away (first time that's happened for me) and this morning it is smoking pretty sweet!

Gurgled some the first few bowls but that is improving too. It's SO light, hangs easy on the teeth.