New Sherlock movie starring Gandalf...

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
I like the twist of an aging Holmes - sounds interesting for sure. Hopefully it doesn't get too much of the "hollywood" treatment being shot in the UK. Anything's likely to be better than that downey jr shite IMO (Elementary doesn't even bear mention IMO.) :evil: 

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
So will there be a Mrs. Holmes, as in the Laurie R. King "Beekeepers Apprentice" series? Just to give this post a healthy sidewise shove...who would you cast as the far younger Mrs. H to the septegenarin Holmes.

pylorns

Reaction score
Very interesting - I'm looking forward to hearing more about this one.

friar_jay

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything else about this...but I remain hopeful.

Buckshot

Reaction score
Blackhorse":m44xt257 said:
So will there be a Mrs. Holmes, as in the Laurie R. King "Beekeepers Apprentice" series? Just to give this post a healthy sidewise shove...who would you cast as the far younger Mrs. H to the septegenarin Holmes.
Demi Moore

Canicus61

Reaction score
This does sound good......ever since Jeremy Brett, no one seems to come close for me.......but this sounds like a good "take"; an aging Holmes and new possibilities........I wonder if he'll say "Wish they hadn't discontinued the 'original shag' I smoked when I was younger!

whitebriar

Reaction score
Blackhorse":uone1fua said:
just can't imagine Holmes as married--what woman would put up with him?

whitebriar

Reaction score
Canicus61":6jqy7f5b said:
....ever since Jeremy Brett, no one seems to come close for me............I wonder if he'll say "Wish they hadn't discontinued the 'original shag' I smoked when I was younger!
Brett was the living image of how i have always pictured Holmes

d4klutz

Reaction score
Blackhorse":1qq1dpta said:
I vote for Meryl Streep. I think she could play and excellent Mrs. Holmes.

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
Helen Mirren..

younger..  Cate Blanchett

or something in the middle from the US..
Rene Russo

friar_jay

Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YR7iJg8-3Rg" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

friar_jay

Reaction score
They've released a proper trailer...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FJwgItmobFE" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

JimP

Reaction score
So, first this guy prefers cigars to a pipe. Second he wants to correct Watson's embellishments.

I'm not hopeful.