New Sherlock movie starring Gandalf...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the twist of an aging Holmes - sounds interesting for sure. Hopefully it doesn't get too much of the "hollywood" treatment being shot in the UK. Anything's likely to be better than that downey jr shite IMO (Elementary doesn't even bear mention IMO.) :evil: 

So will there be a Mrs. Holmes, as in the Laurie R. King "Beekeepers Apprentice" series? Just to give this post a healthy sidewise shove...who would you cast as the far younger Mrs. H to the septegenarin Holmes.

Very interesting - I'm looking forward to hearing more about this one.

I haven't heard anything else about this...but I remain hopeful.

Blackhorse":m44xt257 said:
So will there be a Mrs. Holmes, as in the Laurie R. King "Beekeepers Apprentice" series? Just to give this post a healthy sidewise shove...who would you cast as the far younger Mrs. H to the septegenarin Holmes.
Demi Moore

This does sound good......ever since Jeremy Brett, no one seems to come close for me.......but this sounds like a good "take"; an aging Holmes and new possibilities........I wonder if he'll say "Wish they hadn't discontinued the 'original shag' I smoked when I was younger!

Blackhorse":uone1fua said:
just can't imagine Holmes as married--what woman would put up with him?

Canicus61":6jqy7f5b said:
....ever since Jeremy Brett, no one seems to come close for me............I wonder if he'll say "Wish they hadn't discontinued the 'original shag' I smoked when I was younger!
Brett was the living image of how i have always pictured Holmes

Blackhorse":1qq1dpta said:
I vote for Meryl Streep. I think she could play and excellent Mrs. Holmes.

Helen Mirren..
article-0-0C02824900000578-954_233x478.jpg

younger..  Cate Blanchett
How-Cate-put-her-foot-in-it-6170971.jpg

or something in the middle from the US..
Rene Russo
rene-russo-red-carpet.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YR7iJg8-3Rg" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

They've released a proper trailer...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FJwgItmobFE" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>