New stuff!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistolero

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Two packages came yesterday. One from Mississippi:

IMG_2294.jpg

And one from Ireland:
IMG_2295.jpg

Nice choices!

There's nothing quite like opening the mailbox (or a package on the porch) and finding a gift one has sent to oneself.

Pistolero, I am genuinely curious about what you think of the Second Breakfast and the Rivendell. I hope you post a review.

Best,
Book

Book, FWIW, my .02. The Rivendell is topnotch, great stuff. I didn't care for 2nd Breakfast ad much. Okay but not stellar. Cherokee is okay but Choctaw is much better.

Ranger107,

Thanks! I thought Rivendell looked like the best of the bunch. Vanilla Maple flavorings can seem top-heavy (to me, YMMV), so I was curious about what others thought.

WIth all of that said, I think, despite what I might have implied in the other TAD thread, that I might need to get at least a couple of ounces of Rivendell.

(I mean, sure, the tobacco that I have will probably last the rest of my life, but why take chances? And who am I not to support a great tobacco blender? Really, this is just support for the arts; that's what it is.)

Pistolero, I am genuinely curious about what you think of the Second Breakfast and the Rivendell.
The Rivendell and Old Toby are both REALLY good. Second Breakfast I've only had one bowl of so far but I have to agree with Ranger, it wasn't that great. I tried the Cherokee and I absolutely love the flavor. It's just like super sweet, maybe too sweet even for me. Might take something mild and bland and dilute it a little? The Cherokee came really wet. Left some out on a saucer overnight before I tried it.

I just had a bowl of Old Toby in a Savinelli Dry System 614 and it was just incredible! I've been smoking the Rivendell on the way back and forth to work, and it's good stuff. I'll keep trying both back and forth in different pipes. But as of now Old Toby is way ahead for me.