New To the Group

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The German Shepherd

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Jay and I am a member of a couple other online pipe forums. When Bill B. mentioned this place at one of these, I thought I'd check BoB out. I am a Pastor in SW Louisiana and have a house full of energetic kids, a beautiful wife (who is willing to put up with my pipe smoking) and a love for German Shepherd Dogs. I have been smoking pipes since I was 14 (sneaking my Grandad's old Kaywoodies and his Cherry Blend) and love Burleys and matured Virginias especially.

There are some folks here that I recognize, such as Bill and Morleysson and I hope to enjoy so good fellowship with y'all.

Jay

Welcome, Shepherd.... I hope you'll forgive some of us should our... er, uh... rowdiness?... get out of hand from time to time. Glad to have you aboard, and look forward to reading your posts.

Welcome. My mom has a love for German Shepherds - great dogs!

Some spiritual insight is always a good thing around here. I also have a love for German Shepherds and would like to own one myself. Welcome.

Welcome to the board, Jay, jump right in!

Do you happen to still have any of your grand-dad's old pipes? I bet they hold special memories.

Enjoy the forums and post often,
showme

Welcome Jay. It really is a nice place to listen and learn. There sure is nothing wrong with a house full of love!!. I sure look forward to you post :cyclops: :sunny: :sunny:

showme1or2":oacxpv8f said:
Welcome to the board, Jay, jump right in!

Do you happen to still have any of your grand-dad's old pipes? I bet they hold special memories.

Enjoy the forums and post often,
showme
I wish I did have his old pipes. They were old Kaywoodies from the 30's thru the 70's. Too bad I didn't have any idea what the future held when I first started dabbling in Grandad's pipes.

Jay

Jay,

Maybe, in time, you could delight us with some German Shepherd stories. Lots of dog lovers here. Once had a beautiful GS named Katie. Smartest dog I've ever seen; until Ty the Border Collie came to town. You may have heard of Ty. He trained Cesar Millan,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,really!

:king:

ps,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe Jason could fetch a German Shepherd icon for you. He's a :geek: , you know.

Welcome to BoB, Jay. I'm originally from Arkansas, just a bit north of you. So, can you get good deals on some St. James Perique?

I see you enjoy mature Virginia blends, do any of your favorites contain the La. weed?

I hail from a family of pastors, myself. Looking forward to reading your posts, which I hope will be frequent.

TC