New to your community

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipeguywes

Reaction score
Hi
Let me introduce myself, My name is Wes and I am a pipe smoker. I first started smoking a pipe at the age of 18. Which was 37 years ago. I quit smoking everything in 1999 after a huge health scare. A couple of years ago. I started back up with my pipe smoking and realized there was more to smoking a pipe than borkum riff and Dr Grabow. Well that caused me to get the dreaded PAD. Which I went a bit overboard on. I now own about 40 pipes although i have only bought one brand new. A Nording Freehand. A friend of mine had one and I immediately had Pipe envy. I enjoy reading the forums about pipe smoking and have found this forum to be my favorite. I decided I would set down some roots and start posting here.

I smoke on average three bowls a day and enjoy trying new tobacco's and chatting with other pipe smokers. I look forward to learning more tricks of the briar and I just wanted to say hello to everyone

Welcome! Glad you are here. Great group of guys. Be careful, not only will you get pip envy, great pipe makers here, but also tobacco envy. TAD will come out of nowhere. LOL. Enjoy being part of this brotherhood.

Welcome, Wes! Like you, I also took a break and returned to the pipe after a few years. I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I do.

"T"

Good afternoon Wes ol' chap and welcome to the brethren...  :D 

Sounds like you know your way round a briar!

Welcome. I too started when I was 18. I had a whole bunch of pipe at one time but seem to have lost them by giving them away each time I decided I wasn't going to smoke a pipe any more. Oh well. Welcome to the Bob.

Welcome aboard Wes and congrats on the 40 pipes. May this only be the beginning of many more PAD attacks!

Hello and Welcome to the forum, from John in NJ.  :study: