New Tobacco Laws Come To Maryland May 1 !

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rev. Puffer

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, looks like Maryland is becoming another Washington State on May 1......The licensing has changed to a County by County affair but the part that stinks is ....... " OTP may not be sold to consumers in Maryland by mail or over the internet. Maryland consumers must purchase OTP from a licensed OTP retailer or licensed tobacconist".

Rev. Puffer":gm9sz1vt said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, looks like Maryland is becoming another Washington State on May 1......The licensing has changed to a County by County affair but the part that stinks is ....... " OTP may not be sold to consumers in Maryland by mail or over the internet. Maryland consumers must purchase OTP from a licensed OTP retailer or licensed tobacconist".
WTF? how many other states are on the verge of this??

Yak":ais8hygc said:
What the &$@# is OTP ?

:face:
"Other Tobacco Product" Basically, smokeless tobacco, snus, snuff, anything they didn't specifically mention in the law.

A few states are looking at these types of laws. Seem they figured out they were losing tax money after raising cig taxes. It sucks for those of us who use tobacco that can't be reliably purchased in B&M stores.

Oregon is another with a similar law.

How would they regulate Internet sales???? Pass a law with a penalty, and hope for compliance??? I do not believe that a State can monitor Internet traffic nor UPS / USPS packages!?!?!

How many other states are on the verge of something like this? That would be all of them, soon to be the whole goddamn "free world." Safer states are obviously in tobacco country, like Virginia and Kentucky. But wait, they grow some tobacco in Maryland, too. Dammit all.

Does the shortage of imports from England have anything to do with taxation issues or is it simply production?

I ask because I am going to be making major orders soon. I am waiting for stuff from Stokkebye and GH to be available again- but am I just waiting for nothing??

As a thirty year resident of the God awful place its spelled
Niagara Falls
crazy but one of the words that are forever spelled wrong.
But on topic sucks to live in MD

mark":g1vf9aj0 said:
Hermit":g1vf9aj0 said:
Step by step...inch by inch... :evil:
NIAGRA FALLS !!!!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MFMpS3KJYkI" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Slowly I turned...

Edit: I realized after the post that this was essentially already on the board, lol. Forgive the repeat.