New TWSBI & Aurora ink

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Recently picked up a new TWSBI ECO fountain pen in their transparent green color. I love these pens. For about $30 you get a piston fill pen that takes a huge amount if ink. Plus, from Extra Fine through 1.1mm Stub I’ve never had one that hasn’t written well. I typically do the flush with Dawn solution then rinse with clear water.

This one is an Extra Fine and it writes perfectly. I loaded it with Aurora Green and it seems to be a very good pairing.

EDAC0A2D-314A-489F-B7F9-A3D61BE681BC.jpeg

7E128490-399D-488B-9D4B-73EDEA9BDC2D.jpeg

I have never owned a twsbi pen. I've read their great writers though. That's a nice shade on green too.

I have one TWSBI pen and it is wonderfully smooth to write with.

Also, that ink is gorgeous.

This is my favorite TWSBI. Ihad to grit my teeth when I bought it…a budget slayer.

The Limited Edition DRACO. Piston Filler. Acrylic cap, grip, body, end cap. RoseGold nib, clip, rings.

And…Diamine Writer’s Blood ink. The perfect companion.

2347FB0F-5C63-4B7D-A387-500D8406E53B.jpeg

1DF20B6C-A69D-411F-B748-2B73DB966022.jpeg

You know, for most TWSBI pens you can buy just the screw in nib/feed thing. Fast & easy to switch out.
I looked into that and thought, the great thing about the TWSBIs (especially the Eco) the price isn't all that much not to just another pen. I mean, I have a few inks, might as well have a pen for each color right?

I looked into that and thought, the great thing about the TWSBIs (especially the Eco) the price isn't all that much not to just another pen. I mean, I have a few inks, might as well have a pen for each color right?
Yeah…that’s how it starts.

Anyway…I’m right there with you. $30 for a piston fill pen that looks good, takes about a gallon of ink and writes well (almost always) is crazy In today’s world.