New York Pipe Show April 5th 2008

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
It would me most awesome to have a small group of us northeast "BoB's meet up at the New York Pipe Show @ the Newark Airport in New Jersey this April! I'll be going down the day before and staying overnight.Anyone else think they can make the show?

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Great idea, Dock, I hope you get a nice group to join you.

Looking forward to it,

Lou

Just made my reservations today!Some of us go down the night before to get in on the previews which usually spring up in various rooms.The upside of holding the show in April is that there won't be the usual threats of snow & cold that always accomany the March date.As usual we have a fairly large group from the SHPC going down.I'm really looking forward to it this year.I'm focusing on smaller(for me)light weight straight sanblasted pipes...

Best,
Dock

I was'nt able to find a website for the Wyndam Hotel (formely the Ramda Inn) but here's expedia's link to it.Their phone number,adress and other information is there.When I called for reservations last week there were still plenty of rooms available.If you're planning on going try to get a room on the first floor as this is where the majority of the pipes happenings occur :lol:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g46671-d92492-Reviews-Wyndham_Garden_Hotel_Newark_Airport-Newark_New_Jersey.html

Best,
Dock

I'm going to try and make it, assuming I'm back on the East Coast in time. Thanks for the heads up.

Glad to hear it, Doc. I'm looking forward to seeing you and the guys.

Lou, NY

I was very surprized not to see an update from Sam Barnett (the show's co promoter) over on ASP as he's done nearly every year that I can remember! I sure hope that a good many tables were sold. Since going to a nonsmoking format last year attendance has been noticeably off compared to years past. It would'nt bother me personally if you were'nt able to smoke anywhere in the hotel! My purpose for attending a show is to buy pipes and tobaccos and visit with friends who I unfortunately don't get to see as often as I would care to! I can do plenty of smoking once I get back home :lol: I think nonsmoking shows are unfortunately going to be the only shows in a couple of years. If we don't support them we will have no shows. What would you rather?....

I leave tomorrow afternoon.I'll write back with a short update upon my return....

Dock

Dock,

Bad timing for me. I'm in Dunkirk, NY (8 hour drive from NYC) attending an incoming students luncheon (Sat. 4/5) at SUNY Fredonia for my son who was accepted there with a scholarship so NO SHOW for me literaly! ...could not be avoided.

You and the guys going to Chicago? Dom and I will be arriving there on Thurs. May 1st - hope you and the "Brothers" can join us.

Lou, NY

Dock,

I am really looking forward to a full NY Show report and possibly some photos!

Thanks!

Hey Dock,

Just back from the Chicago show. A few of your Sherlock guys were there. Enjoyed seeing them again, as well as some buddies from the HVPC.

That pipe that Stewie is smoking . . . it looks like the one that Bo Nordh called his favorite. Is that an accident or an on-purpose? Incidentally, several of Bo's pipes were on display, including that one, in Chicago. A gentleman who had been a friend of Bo's was there with his new book on Bo and had these pipes with him.

December is a possibility . . .

Best,

Rob