New York Pipe Show's 19th Annual Pipe Convention 3/10/2012

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skaukatt

Reaction score
ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!!

...as per Rich Esserman...

NEW YORK PIPE SHOW 19th ANNUAL PIPE CONVENTION

Dedicated to J Jones of Hermit Tobacco

SHOW DATE SATURDAY March 10th, 2012

SHOW OPEN TO THE PUBLIC @ 10:00 AM-------

LOCATION WYNDHAM (Formally the RAMADA) NEWARK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT HOTEL 1-973-824-4000 Parking is Free - get stamp or ticket at show or front desk

SPECIAL ROOM RATES Ask the front desk about THE PIPE SHOW DISCOUNT

Rate Per Table: RETAILERS $85.00
(a) Paypal $89.00 COLLECTORS $70.00 (b) Paypal $74.00 CHECKS ONLY PAYABLE TO: RICHARD ESSERMAN, 238 AYCRIGG AVE, UNIT D, PASSAIC, NJ 07055 EMAIL for paypal [email protected]

for information [email protected] or [email protected] CONVENTION DIRECTORS: SAM BARNETT & RICH ESSERMAN

*TABLE RESERVATIONS REQUIRE FULL PAYMENT. NO TABLE CAN BE RESERVED OR GUARANTEED UNLESS FULL PAYMENT IS RECEIVED.

Please use [email protected] as the email for the paypal address to send money (a) All payments After February 27, 2012 – check - $100.00; paypal $105.00. (b) All payments After February 27, 2012 Check $85.00 paypal - $89.00. Note: The Hotel and Show complies with NJ State Smoking Regulations.

I will be heading up on Friday, March 9th with two fellow pipe smoking friends from both of the pipe clubs I am in (Chesapeake Pipe Club & The Harford County Pipe Club). This is my 3rd Newark Show, but will be the first time I have ever come up on a Friday and stayed over into Saturday. Anyone else on here going to the show? I would love to meet up with folks that are staying over on Fri night for a smoke and a drink. Otherwise, for those going up on Saturday morning, I would love to meet up at the show and chat. Hoping to see many Brothers at the show! I remember there being a BoB photo op a few years ago, so perhaps we could carry that tradition on this year.

-Scott

I made this thread a Sticky so it's easy to find at the top of the forum, for you Brothers hoping to attend. :sunny:

scottbtdmb":o18ncebf said:
I will be heading up on Friday, March 9th with two fellow pipe smoking friends from both of the pipe clubs I am in (Chesapeake Pipe Club & The Harford County Pipe Club). This is my 3rd Newark Show, but will be the first time I have ever come up on a Friday and stayed over into Saturday. Anyone else on here going to the show? I would love to meet up with folks that are staying over on Fri night for a smoke and a drink. Otherwise, for those going up on Saturday morning, I would love to meet up at the show and chat. Hoping to see many Brothers at the show! I remember there being a BoB photo op a few years ago, so perhaps we could carry that tradition on this year.

-Scott
I'll be there as usual. I think it might not be a bad idea to bring a couple of lawn chairs with you, just in case the weather is decent. That way we can all sit down and have a smoke session as opposed to all of us huddled in a corner hiding from the wind / rain that has plagued the last couple of shows. IT WILL BE SUNNY DAMN IT!!!! ;)

Les / Lou et all I expect to share some smoke time with you guys just like Kaywoodie!!!!

DoverPipes":o18ncebf said:

The B.O.B.'s "Rogues Gallery" @ NY Pipe Show 2010
Left to Right
Scott aka "scottbtdmb"
Liam aka "dubhdarra" (M.I.A.)
Andrew aka "Rugbysh9" (Now M.I.A. somewhere in Texas!)
Sean aka "DoverPipes" (I know, you're jealous....just admit it :p )
Lou aka "skaukatt"
& His royal eminence Dock J. Perry aka "Danish_Pipe_Guy"

Next Saturday!
Who's attending beside me & scottdmb ?

Don't forget to grab a lawn chair since there is no smoking in the venue, only outside!
Usually, after the show, there is a meet up at JR Cigars in Whippany, NJ. They have a great lounge with a bar and decent food. http://www.jrwhippany.com/index.cfm?page=lounge

If you see me or Scott, don't be shy! Come up and introduce yourselves. I'm pretty easy to find..... :p

Indeed! I am really looking forward to the trip this year, especially since I am staying over for the first time on Fri night. If anyone checks in this week to confirm that they are going, please make sure to mention whether or not you are heading up Fri evening. I will be looking forward to the socialization aspect of the show on Fri night almost as much as the actual show itself!!! All three of us from the Chesapeake Club that are heading up together will be each opening up a special tin for the occasion. One guy is opening some old Bengal Slices, my other buddy is opening up a 40 year old tin of Hal O' The Wynd, and I will be cracking a 20 year old tin of PCCA Virginian. To further entice you, I am a craft beer guy, so I will also be bringing up several vintage bottles of well aged beer to enjoy Fri night. If I think about it later this week, I will try to double check and see what hotel room we will be staying in, and will post it on here. We will definitely have an open door policy, and when we are not milling around hanging out in other people's rooms, you will be sure to find us in our room enjoying well aged tobaccos and vintage Belgian Ales&Imperial Stouts. Looking forward to this....it's almost like that week long build up of anticipation that leads up to Xmas! :cheers:

-Scott

Sean,
I shall be there as usual with a table of goods for all to view/purchase as I did at the Kaywoodie Gala in December.
Looking forward to the first pipe show of the year, for me anyway. Some lucky individuals have already attended the St. Louis show last month which I heard was well attended and a fun time. This will be the same I'm sure.
Andy C.

Looking forward to seeing you guys! I'll be there with a few buddies from the NY Club. We indeed plan on heading over to JR Cigar on Rt 10 in Whippany, NJ in the later part of the afternoon so if anyone can join us the more the merrier!

Safe travels all,

Lou

As always, Lou, it's a pleasure to share some pipe time with you. I shall have a table alongside Paul PB Bonacquisti and Bill Kaywoodie Feuerbach. I believe this show is going to be well attended; it's time for everyone to chase away the winter cabin fever at this time.
Andy