Newpipers Adventures.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like you're well on your way! We're all still learning, some of us have been learning longer than others. :cheers:

Hello everyone, Newpiper here with another end of bag review. This time i am reviewing Dark Brown flake Licorice, graciously given to me by Black Horse.

This was a delicious smoke. I will state up front that the flavor, to my young and unrefined palate was dominated by the sweet licorice topping, yet it did not shut out the flavor of the tobacco. I tasted more from the burley than i did of the Virginia's that are in it. The burley had a light nutty flavor, almost creamy with a hint of earth that melded well with the licorice topping, though the licorice, for me was the star of the show.

From first puff to last, it remained consistent. Now reviewers at TR proclaim it to have many more flavor nuances then i am outlining here, and i have no doubt they are correct. But i think the difference is that my palate is not as experienced as theirs is. That is my explanation for the differences.

However, just because i have such differences, does not mean i didn't enjoy it. To the contrary it was a great smoke, one that i looked forward to smoking. Took it to work and found my self lighting multiple bowls of it as i drove my route every day.

All in all I liked it and added it to my slowly growing list of things i like and will buy.

Also want to take this time to thank Dan from Pipes and Cigars. I have no idea how he found out about my initial experiences with Three nuns and ODF. Thursday i came home from my real estate classes and found a delivery from them containing a can of Three nuns orange and a tin of ODF, plus a nifty tool and a gift card.

Mr. Dan if you are reading this, thank you sir from the bottom of my heart.

D.L.Ruth":dyzpwzm6 said:
Glad they made it to you :cheers:

Just wanted to make sure you can try them for what they are
It was a most unexpected gift sir. I do look forward to trying them again. Thank you sir, and I look forward to my first order at PNC.

Newpiper19":k3tavagy said:
D.L.Ruth":k3tavagy said:
Glad they made it to you :cheers:

Just wanted to make sure you can try them for what they are
It was a most unexpected gift sir. I do look forward to trying them again.   Thank you sir, and I look forward to my first order at PNC.  
P.S. I'm not from pipes and cigars lol just ordered from them. Just trying to help a brother out on his journey since so many have helped me along the way

More I look back at pipe smoking the more I believe learning to smoke a straight Virginia where you are sipping and not trashing your mouth the more you enjoy all blend types. There is something about very slowly puffing a pipe where the tobacco hits the right temperature and all the flavor comes out in a wow moment that is extraordinary.

Wondering how Newpiper is doing with the pipe... this was an interesting thread and brought back some memories.