NFL investigation into Aaron Rodgers

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
Jarrett Bell for USA TODAY

The NFL (link) began its investigation into Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers yesterday, a person with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports, to determine whether Rodgers and the Packers had violated COVID-19 protocols. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation.
Rodgers tested positive for COVID on Wednesday, and it was later revealed he had not been vaccinated.
The controversy rose to another level today.
Rodgers, who will miss the Packers’ game Sunday in Kansas City due to a 10-day minimum isolation – maintained during an interview on "The Pat McAfee Show" that an NFL doctor had told him “it would be impossible for a vaccinated person to catch or spread COVID.” Rodgers didn’t identify the doctor who he claimed gave him such information, which is erroneous. Vaccines significantly reduce the risk of contracting or becoming ill from COVID-19, per the CDC. No vaccine is 100% effective, however, and "breakthrough infections" are possible.

The NFL quickly refuted Rodgers' claim, telling Pro Football Talk: "No doctor from the league or the joint NFL-NFLPA infectious disease consultants communicated with the player. If they had, they certainly would have never said anything like that."
Rodgers said Friday he opted for a homeopathic treatment that he apparently believed “immunized” him from the effects of COVID-19.

After Rodgers reported to Packers camp in August and told team doctors of his treatment while seeking an exemption from taking one of the three vaccines (Moderna, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson), his case was forwarded to the NFL Players Association (NFLPA) and in turn to the infectious disease expert jointly appointed by the NFL and NFLPA, the person told USA TODAY Sports. The disease expert concluded later in August that without data or peer-reviewed research, the treatment that Rodgers underwent was not considered a viable replacement.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Personally, I think the Packers knew he was not vaccinated and did not require him to follow protocols established for unvaccinated players. As such, the team, as well as Rodgers, should face sanctions.
All Rodgers had to do was be honest. Say he elected not to be vaccinated and then follow the regimen prescribed for unvaccinated players, just as being done by Vikings' QB Kirk Cousins.

Last edited:
The more he talks about it just shows his narcissist personality. Someone at State Farm is looking into him breaking their covid protocols or at least wishing he would just shut the Fook Up.:)

State Farm on Friday declined to comment on Aaron Rodgers’ future as one of the company’s top spokesmen after the NFL quarterback voiced anti-vaccine views and compared himself to Martin Luther King Jr. during an interview.

I'm glad Rodgers reminded us all that he's actually the victim here.

Last edited:
He lied about consulting with an NFL doctor. That should be enough to get him suspended indefinitely and I think Packer management should also be held in contempt. I saw an excerpt of the interview where he said he relied on the expert advice of his friend Joe Rogan.
Rodgers' status in NFL lore is forever besmirched. For many, instead of being thought of as one of the NFL's greatest players, he'll be remembered as a liar who jeopardized the health of everyone with whom he came in contact.

What I find to be as reprehensible is that if the Packers get blown out on Sunday, Rodgers will be welcomed back by the Packer faithful as soon as he's eligible to return. I really think it's the responsibility of Roger Goodell to step in and suspend Rodgers for the remainder of the season and heavily fine the Packer management with a loss of draft choices for being complicit.

"A league source said no doctor from the league or the jointly agreed upon infectious disease consultants ever communicated with Rodgers. In mid-August, a member of the Packers medical staff inquired with the NFLPA medical director on behalf of a player who asked if the medical director would consider whether an alternative, homeopathic treatment could qualify the player as "fully vaccinated. The NFL has said it was reviewing whether protocols were followed, and a league source said whatever penalties are levied won't include any suspension for Rodgers." Link

Last edited:
Makes me wonder who gave it to who?

After two of the Green Bay Packers' three quarterbacks tested positive for COVID-19 this week, Jordan Love feared he would be next. But Love has tested negative each of the past three days and on Friday said, "I'm confident that I'm good right now."

3 days ago Benkert (illness) was placed on the Packers' practice squad COVID-19/reserve list Tuesday after testing positive for the virus, Tom Pelissero of NFL Network reports.

Prevea Health and Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers announced they are ending their partnership in a joint statement issued by the company Saturday. He signed a 4 year contract with them in 2019. I'm sure more will follow.

Based on what I'm reading in the two local newspapers and have seen on line, the NFL is going to do nothing to either penalize Rodgers or the Packers. When Rodgers tests negative, he'll be able to resume playing.
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said nothing.

Jonathan Jones, CBS Sports​

"I believe that Aaron Rodgers has full autonomy over his body and I'm not going to argue the merits of what he said ... inherent when you say 'I'm a critical thinker,' 'I'm a free thinker,' is the implication that those of us who did get vaccinated are not critical thinkers or that we're not free thinkers. That you're on a higher plane of intelligence than I could even conceive. I took issue with that. But then I also took issue with him saying, 'Hey, I followed all of the protocols everywhere. They are draconian, but I follow them everywhere. In the weight room, in the locker room.' The one place he didn't do it was in the public eye.

"And that's when he quotes MLK and says 'I don't need to follow unjust laws' but he followed all those unjust laws everywhere else that cameras weren't beaming that he was unvaccinated to everyone out there. What wound up happening was: Aaron Rodgers got cute with his wording, he got caught, and he's embarrassed and he wants it to be everybody's fault except his."

Jimmy Johnson, Fox - Hall of Fame coach​

"I respect his attitude toward being an individual. But this is a team game. In all honesty, I'm disappointed in his play on words for his explanation. I'm disappointed in some of his selfish actions."

Howie Long, Fox - Hall of Fame defensive end​

"I agree with Aaron when he says 'What I do with my body is a personal decision.' But it ceases to be a personal decision when you take part in being part of a football team in a building with coaches, players, trainers, equipment managers, and you run the risk of taking something home to your wife, your children, your grandchildren. But also for a football standpoint, this team is sitting at 7-1 and they're certainly vying for the only bye in the playoffs in the first round ... putting all of that in jeopardy, and putting your team in jeopardy, that, to me, is selfish."

Terry Bradshaw, Fox - Hall of Fame quarterback​

"Let me give Aaron Rodgers some advice. It'd been nice if he'd just come to the Naval Academy and learned how to be honest. Learn not to lie. Because that's what you did, Aaron, you lied to everyone. ... Unfortunately, we've got players that only think about themselves and I'm extremely disappointed in Aaron Rodgers."

Michael Strahan, Fox - Hall of Fame defensive end​

"There are times to quote Martin Luther King, and this was not one of them."

At the half, Jordan Love looks totally inept. The Packers organization will kiss Rodgers' buttocks and have him play the next game he's eligible.

His fiance's remarks certainly don't help matters.

"The Venn diagram of Aaron Rogers defenders and Colin Kaepernick haters is a circle." - random twitter comment, not from Shailene Woodley

The real question is how many of the other Packer players knew about Rodgers' lies and said nothing. The league has already said that nothing more will be done to Rodgers or the Packers if Rodgers follows league mandated protocols. Packer fans will probably give Rodgers a standing ovation at their next home game.