NHL Playoffs

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cerfer

Reaction score
So great to see the Preds win today. I moved to Nashville in 2005, and then moved to MI in 2011. The lockout had just ended, I graduated from college, and everything was looking up, but they could never get out of the second round of the playoffs. 12 years later, they've finally made it to the conference finals, and they look just great. I was surprised at how happy I was that they won. Before moving to Nashville, I was in Dallas when the Stars made their Cup runs.

I'm pulling for the Senators and the Caps, but I guess it's not really defeating the Penguins if you win when Crosby isn't playing?

Yeah, the Preds have been the biggest suprise for a lot of people. They've been playing pretty much lights out. It will be interesting to se them play EDM. :lol: I am a 20 years Los Angles kings season ticket holder and my family has had kings season seats since the 1983 season so I am most looking forward, especially after last night, to see if the Ducks will crumble and choke another game 7 at home tomorrow night. That would be so epic. NOt to mention the fact that Nashville Edmonton would be an amazing series.
Good luck with your Preds :) There is NOTHING in the world like the Stanley Cup playoffs/Finals! Enjoy the ride.

Cerfer":4fmo5vh9 said:
So great to see the Preds win today. I moved to Nashville in 2005, and then moved to MI in 2011. The lockout had just ended, I graduated from college, and everything was looking up, but they could never get out of the second round of the playoffs. 12 years later, they've finally made it to the conference finals, and they look just great. I was surprised at how happy I was that they won. Before moving to Nashville, I was in Dallas when the Stars made their Cup runs.

I'm pulling for the Senators and the Caps, but I guess it's not really defeating the Penguins if you win when Crosby isn't playing?
Oh, man... I don't know how anyone can root for the Caps! :shock: Hoping my Pens bump them tonight!

And yeah, the Preds are a fun team to pull for!

Trotz used to be the Preds' coach, so it's easy to be a Caps fan this year.

Old Nate":9cxc13h6 said:
Cerfer":9cxc13h6 said:

Oh, man... I don't know how anyone can root for the Caps! :shock:  Hoping my Pens bump them tonight!

And yeah, the Preds are a fun team to pull for!
well, as I said before I am a Kings fan and we didn't win the Cup for 44 years. I always like to root for a team that has never won the cup. Caps, Blues, Preds, etc :)

Caps fan checking in. Another Game 7 vs the hated Pens tonight in DC. We're oh-for-three lifetime in Game 7's v Pittsburgh, so history is not on our side. Who steps up to be the hero?

riff raff":kuyrs0zb said:
Caps fan checking in.  Another Game 7 vs the hated Pens tonight in DC.  We're oh-for-three lifetime in Game 7's v Pittsburgh, so history is not on our side.  Who steps up to be the hero?
I think we all know who the hero will be . Take a look at Justin Williams career game 7 statistics!!! Dude is such a freaking monster in game 7s. HE is the ultimate mr. clutch.

All I know is that tonight is going to be a spectacular night for hockey fans. A couple of epic game 7s with fantastic storylines. Ovy vs Sid. Can 8 finally get the monkey off his back and lead his team past the Pens? But almost better yet Can the Oilers upset the Ducks but more importantly can the ducks choke a 5th straight game 7 in a row at home. LOL. Just think about how much pressure is not Getzlaf and Perry. I am praying to the sweet lord above that the ducks not only lose but lose in a fifth straight embarrassing fashion. Lol

Well I can only say I am disappointed about the outcome on both game 7s. So lets talk about the final 4. PItt, Ottawa, Anaslime, and Nashville. Well, one thing we can say is that insofar as ratings this could be a ratings bomb. I mean how many fans outside of died in the wool hockey fans and fans in the market would tune in to watch Ottawa v Nashville or Pitt V Ana? Course I'll be watching them all as will other hockey fans but it doesn't really scream at you does it?

The only teams in the CF's to have never won a cup would be Nashville and Ottawa. Anaheim won in 07 and Pitt has their share including 2 under Captain Sid the Kid. So I'm pulling for an Ott/Nash Cup finals. If Pittsburg is in I won't cry and i have to say I'm amazed at their play without Letang and with Crosby playing with a concussion.

Can Ottawa shut down Pitts with their 3/1 trap defense? Send took 2 out of 3 in the regular season and the Ducks took 2 out of 3 in the regular season against the Preds.

One last thing to say is how bad I feel for Caps fans. They just can't get it together against Pitt. Will 8 ever slay that dragon? Times running out.

What say other brothers? Who are you rooting for?

Great points hater.

As a Caps fan, I'm crushed, again. It's probably time to part ways with Ovie.

My wife is happy, she can now get some time with me....Guess it's time to focus on F1, lawnwork, etc.

Oh yeah, baby! I'll be honest, I thought this year might finally be the season Ovie gets over the hump... but nope, sorry!

Hater, something worth noting... Matt Cullen has also never lost a game 7 and Brian Rust is looking like a big time clutch player as well! A goal last night, two goals in last years game 7 against Tampa!

Now ESPN is reporting that Ovie was playing injured, he sure wasn't himself. I can't explain the lack of D....

Old Nate":pmnpiseh said:
Oh yeah, baby! I'll be honest, I thought this year might finally be the season Ovie gets over the hump... but nope, sorry!

Hater, something worth noting... Matt Cullen has also never lost a game 7 and Brian Rust is looking like a big time clutch player as well! A goal last night, two goals in last years game 7 against Tampa!
hey, great point about Cullen. That I did not know and Rust is a monster. Congrats!

riff raff":2itmlj4f said:
Now ESPN is reporting that Ovie was playing injured, he sure wasn't himself.   I can't explain the lack of D....
Note: All players in the SCF are playing injured. :lol:  Did you see how Jumbo Joe was going out there with the Sharks? Wow. I always look forward to hearing the injuries once a team has been eliminated. Its amazing to hear" so and so was playing with 2 torn mcls and will be undergoing surgery." Or "so and so has been playing with a partially torn Achilles heel and a blown disc." ''

Only in hockey, baby!

Hater":rpiddho3 said:
riff raff":rpiddho3 said:
Now ESPN is reporting that Ovie was playing injured, he sure wasn't himself.   I can't explain the lack of D....
Note: All players in the SCF are playing injured. :lol:  Did you see how Jumbo Joe was going out there with the Sharks? Wow. I always look forward to hearing the injuries once a team has been eliminated. Its amazing to hear" so and so was playing with 2 torn mcls and will be undergoing surgery." Or "so and so has been playing with a partially torn Achilles heel and a blown disc." ''

Only in hockey, baby!
Yep, they had a litany of other excuse/injuries in the past few days.
It would only be notable if there WEREN'T any injuries. Pack up your lockers Capitals.

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if that caps team gets blown up. So much talent and so little results over the years.

Hater, good point. Only in the NHL.

The Preds played strong, but I'm not sure they have the fire power to handle the Pens. I think the Sens are toast.

What an epic game last night. Congrats to the Preds. Amazing to see Fischer accept the Campbell cup in his suit. Haha.

There is NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING better for this fan than watching Getzlaf, but especially Perry and Bieksa and KESLER lose. The world will be fine so long as Kesler NEVER has his rotten name on the Cup. LOL

What a shame about RyJo. What a shame he wont be there to play against Karlsson or Crosby. This makes me sad.

Tonight should be fun. SCF just around the corner and that means we are a day closer to trout fishing!

Raised in The Burgh! Go Pens!, you can do this. Love the Stillers behind the Pen's bench. Last game when the Pens went up 6-0, they texted, Are you guys going to kick or go for two?