NHL Playoffs

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just read that the game tonight in Ottawa is not sold out. Huh???

4 min left and Syd cant count. This will be an exciting finish

The Senators have never won a game 7.

Yeah, hater, I was kind of surprised to see how dirty the Ducks played. I mean when Emilio Estevez was their coach, they were a bunch of nice kids. Now they're just mean. That turd Bieska didn't even shake hands at the end of the series.

The Preds are grateful. I hope Fisher, Joey, and Fiala get to suit up and sit on the bench for at least one game. It would be a shame to have their names left off the cup.

Crosby and Co. are good, but I love the Preds chances against Murray. Pekka's going to earn his $49 million this year. Hard to believe that contract sounded slightly less crazy than trading Weber for Subban. Thank God, Poole didn't learn how to be a GM from Matt Millen.

riff raff":lvfat3en said:
I just read that the game tonight in Ottawa is not sold out. Huh???
They play a boring brand of hockey. It's been blamed for a while now for low attendance and dwindling support.

Would love to see an Ottawa/Nashville finals. Was glad to see the Blackhawks go, and I'd feel the same way about the Penguins. Let's see some new faces get rewarded for their efforts. Let's see another city celebrate their team.

As far as injuries go...uh...that's why this is one of the, if not THE, most difficult finals to win. Potentially, 28 games in two months, not including overtimes. It's a brutal schedule in a hard-working, brutal game. I don't think most people realize how unlikely it is that people won't get hurt. I mean, they know people get hurt in hockey and that hockey is a tough sport, but it escapes most people that injuries are the #1 factor in the unlikeliness of a team winning this thing. It's not talent or work ethic. I remember a few years ago when Tampa Bay was cruising to winning it all, and then their leading scorer, Johnson, and their goalie, Bishop, both got hurt in the final two games of the semis. They still had enough in them to pull off the semis, but they had no chance in the finals...because of injuries.

Wow! Some game! I was exhausted at the end, and I was only sitting on the couch! Go Pens!

Re: attendance. I worked in the home of the Whalers when they were still the Whalers. They played before a lot of empty seats. The company I worked for bought blocks of tickets and distributed them to department Mgrs who would pass them on to worthy employees in lieu of spendable compensation. Believe it or not, employeestypically turned down the free tickets. Usually they just didn't want to drive home, pick up whoever, drive back to the city, then drive home again, then get up the next morning ... A few people were hockey fans, but not enough to fill available seats. I went to games when the Pens were in town and got hollered at for rooting for the Pens, not the home team. As a sports marketing wizard once said to me, Hockey is the most minor league of the major league sports. But it's fun if and when the crowd gets into it.

I did notice a lot of empty seats last night as well, and even more when it went into OT.

Ugh, Pittsburgh stays alive. My wife asked me "how long does this continue?". I told her if the Pens get knocked out, I'll lose interest, us Caps fans have to be able to hate on someone! Well, they survived. Anderson played a steller game, or it could have easily been 12 -2. When I came to bed, she said "well?". I said, seven more games....

Lets go Preds!

Well, I kinda wanted to see the Pens take the cup in Pittsburgh. But I'll gladly take the bird in hand! Great season, Pens, you guys rule! Come on, Pirates, plenty of games, left! Steelers, the trophy shelf is filling up, but another Lombardi would be welcome.