Nice To Be Here

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawyersmoker

Reaction score
I am an avid pipe collector who was away from it for at least two decades, but am picking up speed again. Smoke mild to full English blends, although Boswell's Best is great, along with Walnut for real mild moods. As far as pipes go, anything from Dunhill and Ardor to John Bessai and Sydney P. Ram, and plenty in between, including Tim West, JM Boswell, American's Tinsky and Rollar, Randy Wiley, Eliot Nachwalter, JH Weinberger, Clarence Mickles, Knutes, Ben Wades, Parkers, Barlings, those delicious Italians like Caminetto et al. How's that for name-dropping? I still have the first pipe I ever bought in 1970, a Savory sandblasted full-bent, and pipes my father owned (a Cavanaugh and Charatan -- he never enjoyed that Charatan, said it was a pain in the neck to break in). Strangely, I have a fine old Petersen full bent which never was satisfying, yet I never met a Dunhill I didn't thoroughly enjoy the flavor of.

I look forward to many hours of reading and writing here. Pipesmokers rock.

Cheers, Todd :D

Say, if it weren't for Dock Perry's friend telling me about here, I wouldn't have known! And to think I unknowingly "met" Dock at the Newark pipe show a few weeks ago. Shame on me.

Lawyersmoker":0ip002rb said:
Say, if it weren't for Dock Perry's friend telling me about here, I wouldn't have known! And to think I unknowingly "met" Dock at the Newark pipe show a few weeks ago. Shame on me.
Hey Todd,

Welcome to the board! Newark was great! It was more of a collector's show than in years past.The casual pipe smoker was noticeably absent but the serious guys WERE there and they were buying too according to the vendors I spoke with.There will be two more this year.Hopefully you'll be able to attend one or both...

I hope you enjoy reading the posts here and feel like contributing often.It's a good bunch of guys with quite a bit of diversity to be found....

Best,
D.J.
(Dock)