Night Riding

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Life is funny...

I don't mean in a ha ha way. I mean just when you get used to who you are who you are changes. I've spent most of my adult life in trucks.. I've laughed I'm them, cried in them, made love in them, raged like a storm in them..I've lived in them!

It has always been fun...and I've always been a mild hedonist..if the over all vibe isn't joy I'm not really into it...

To quote a great performer.."the thrill is gone"...
I realized tonight I've been hanging on because of the money..
Well the money isn't so great any more, with the continually changing laws and the economy sliding off a cliff it just isn't worth it... Its time to hang up the hat and hand over the keys....

In a week or so,a month tops the night rider will ride no more.

PB!
It is an honor to know you brother.
As this thread was started in 2008, I have missed it until you have breathed new life into it.
I am touched bro, that is brilliantly written. I do understand why you have made the choices you have. Good luck brother, you of all people should know the "road ahead".
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hey pb...even if you aren't behind the wheel, just keep on truckin', mah brothah!

:joker:

Very cool, PB! I've often wondered things like this, but never would have been able to put it down like you've done. Thanks from a fellow driver.

This IS a really old thread. But none-the-less. PB, if you ever pass a girl in her mid-twenties, trying to get you to honk the horn, it's probably me.

:D

,,,I think living on the road is one of the hardest jobs out there with the stress, frustration, and family disruption. To walk away when the disadvantages outweigh the paycheck is a bold life changing move not many in todays economy would consider. I wish you the best of luck and hope you find a more compatable niche. I hate to admit it, but for a butthead sometimes you think quite clearly,,,,,

A brilliant piece of prose PB. There is a time to pack it in, no doubt about it. Well done on seeing it clearly.

Maybe I should learn to drive. Hmm. I just love going for a run in the middle of the night, when every normal, non-crazy person is asleep. Might be a tad bit uncomfortable to combine that with pipe smoking, but I suppose a good nighttime walk would work too. Passing through the empty, dark city is a very special experience. Thanks for sharing your encounter with the open road at night!

May the path you choose be free of pebbles, and easy on your knees, bro.