Night Riding

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Late at night when the hoot owls have went to bed and the early birds have yet to rise, I find my self alone. Wrapped in thoughts about nothing, I slip down the highway. Just me, the radio and a pipe lighting the night. Preserving the pipers dreams.
Its a peaceful time, the Virginias slipping out the window, the latakia scent lingering in the air, the orientals desperately holding on to my throat.
I think about the man who grew my tobacco. Is he asleep? Or is he halfway around the world toiling over the crops. I float a little prayer for his wellbeing and prosperity. I'm thankful for the man that dug the briar burl, his hard labor has brought me so much joy. I wonder where the man that carved this pipe landed? Lord I hope you smiled on him for all the happiness he brought. The previous smoker isn't forgotten,I'm sure his memorys linger in the wood like a ghost in an old house. How much joy this piece of wood has brought.
Its really amazing when thoughts of nothing come together,crossing time and distance without effort. The troubles of life seem to dissapate. That calmness encircles me. I am content.
I've got to go now, the ash just yielded its last whisp, my prayers have been offered up. Hopefully when the sun peeks his head over the hill and you awaken for that first bowl you'll blow a little puff in my direction, as I have for you. Happy Pipe Dreams Brothers, and rest well.

Puros Bran,methinks you are well on your way to being the Pipe/Zen master!Happy trails,Bro!
Tony

pb:

That post is a classic. When I tell my kids about it, they won't be surprised. They already know you as "PeeBee...the philosopher truck driver." :mrgreen:

:joker:

PB,

That is very up lifting! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

That needs to be published somewhere to be remembered in the annals' of pipe lore and never forgotten.

May the Lord always give you peace when you are slipping down the highway while all is quite and resting.

I know inspiration seldom comes when summoned, but I would be in favor of reading a weekly "From the road" post of this nature from PB. In fact, I really like the title of this topic: Night Riding.

PB, from now on, anytime I see the title Night Riding I will know what I'm in for: some good reading.

showme

Thanks P, now thats what this is all about. Reaching out and sharing good will and well wishes for all that would read it. Keep the shinny side up Night Rider....

I really appreciate your post, PB. Thanks so much for sharing. Please take care out on the road. God bless,

TC

Here you go PB! Click on the thumbnail.

I've been playing with some image editing programs.

Very cool, J.

Now we just need to get a sound clip with a narrator. How about James Earl Jones?

Whenever I think of PB's truck, I imagine the hood ornament not as a bugler swan, a flying nude, or even the Mack bulldog, but Rodin's "The Thinker."

I'd like to suggest another "column" for PB: Postcards from PB. Anytime you are at a place you consider interesting or intrinsically beautiful, take a pic of yourself including a pipe worked in somehow and post it here.

showme

The problem with that is I see beauty far different than the average man..

I have a photo of an empty pop bottle on a beach.... everyone thinks its a pretty beach picture BUT that bottle messed it up..

Hey J, that made a cool background for my pc...Thanks.

puros_bran":kl1u4em8 said:
The problem with that is I see beauty far different than the average man..
That's not a problem, that is the appeal.

showme

puros_bran":is5uxwi9 said:
Hey J, that made a cool background for my pc...Thanks.
Very cool, that's what I made it for but I was in a hurry to get out the door so I didn't put that in the post.

I know I'm a little late in on this thread, but I just now read all the posts and PB...

knight%20rider.jpg

:pipe:

ARRRRRR man I had forgotten about Hasslehoff. Think I'll go put the ole VHS of him singing at the 'Fall of the Berlin Wall' .. so touching. :no: