Quantcast
  • ~ How to Use the New Software ~

Try logging in and if it is not accepting your password,, look to the bottom right corner of page for Contact Us and send a message.

Nightcap" Dunhill Match" by Altadis

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

A

Anonymous

Has anyone tried the Nightcap copy by Altadis? As my stocks of my
beloved Dunhill Nightcap dwindle to less than a pound, I need to find
an alternative that is as close to the bulk version of the original as
possible. This stuff looks promising, but it is Altadis, which kinda
raises a flag with me.

behindbars1544

Reaction score
I've tried there nightcap and it is NOTHING like Dunhill's. In fact if I remember correctly I believe their blend is an aromatic...

In fact, duh..stupid me, their's is an aromatic and the reason I know this is because I keep a few ounces in my collection at all times. I forgot this was one of my regular "on hand" blends because I haven't smoked it in some time because I was letting it age and dry out a bit. It tends to be somewhat "goopy" at times. Still, not a bad aromatic blend but completly diffrent than Dunhill's English version.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Altadis 'Match' Nightcap is not an aromatic. They have a Nightcap that is, I believe every one of the 'Samples' they sent out several years ago contained the aromatic...
The 'Match' is a totally different blend.

Sorry Bill I haven't tried it.. But like you, having Altadis tied to it automatically makes me doubt the claim.

the macdonald

Reaction score
This thread comes up in some form or another every couple of months…no more Nightcap, what should I do?

I was a Nightcap junkie, but unfortunately fell in love just as it stopped being produced by Murray’s. I tried a few of the Altadis “matches,” unfortunately not Nightcap, but 965 and London Mixture were both not perfect matches but decent smokes especially considering the price.

Again, not a perfect match but a solid replacement is Artisian’s Blend. It has a lot of qualities of the old Nightcap, a torrential Latakia storm with lots of depth and an almost incense undertone that is a nice contrast to the spice. It is becoming one of my favorites.

pipemaker

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
I've tried several of Altadis matches, and unfortunately was disappointed with all of them.
They were not even close to the originals, and the smoking qualities left a lot to be desired.

Mike B

Kapnismologist

Reaction score
the macdonald":m39xmgmk said:
Again, not a perfect match but a solid replacement is Artisian’s Blend. It has a lot of qualities of the old Nightcap, a torrential Latakia storm with lots of depth and an almost incense undertone that is a nice contrast to the spice. It is becoming one of my favorites.
Excellent suggestion! I would fully agree on this one. Artisan's Blend possesses a great deal of similarities to Nightcap, and although the perique balance is a bit different to me it is certainly an excellent blend by all accounts. Let us hope this one does not go the way of the Dodo as well!