No electricity

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggman

Reaction score
This afternoon the weather was getting a little rough with 70+ mph wind gusts. So there were several trees that were blown down in the area and unfortunatly on some powerlines. At 4:55 p.m. my electicity went off while reading this site. I kept myself busy til the wife got home at around 6:00 p.m. I love her with all my heart but I never knew how much a woman can talk about "stuff" for 2.5 hours with no electricity and nothing else to do. Now like I said I love my wife but when the electricity came back on a few min. ago I could not wait to get back on line and watch the rest of House.

I snook home earlier today, have to leave here in a few minutes.

We got hammered BAD, Fatality not far from here, about half the roads are blocked. It aint pretty. We have electricity but many dont.

Eggman,

We had the same front come through here at about 6:00 pm. The other side of town lost power but I had no interruptions.

I feel for ya having to listen to the wife for 2.5 hours though. My wife lost her voice today so you would think I would be in the clear. Well I said she lost her voice I didn't say she stopped talking :lol: . She has been talking in a whisper since she got home at six. She is a trooper she doesn't let a little thing like losing her voice stop her.

PB Be careful out there, we had a couple semis blown over here in western KY.

My wife alternates with two other gals at hosting "lunches" for the three of them. It's a once a month thing (did I say that?). Last time it was here. They spent FIVE hours having lunch and gabbed endlessly about NOTHING.

Years ago I told them they were nice attractive gals. Ever since, the get together has been known as The Nag Lunch. My wife says, "honey, it's my turn to have the nags over,,,,,,,,,,,."

Overheard from Mrs Capo at the NAG meeting after the smoker.

"My Lord Gladys, they set for two days and talked the whole time about Nothing!"