No good Deed Goes Unpunished

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
Acquiesced to a request from the Chief Medicine Woman of The Red Hawk Lodge to help her and others to go through a storage unit of family stuff that needed to be moved. At some point we all took a break, during which I loaded a pipe and discussed the possible Renaissance of pipe smoking. At the end of the day, She Who Goes By A Name I Cannot Remember presented me with a gift of four pipes her father had smoked.

"He was very fond of these, and I am sure they are going to a good home with you. Bob does not suit you for a name, from this moment forward you will be known as Deep River." She then gave me a slight bow and walked away.

My eyebrow is still up, ever so slightly................

These are the pipes. They are a bit rough. A Crafton(?), Medico, Royal Danish 990, and a Yello bole. I think. I'll have to give them a bit of attention....

Are these any good? They're pretty short, compared to what I'm used to.............

Are the pipes any good? I'd say that's rather moot, Deep River Bob. Giving them away now would obviously bring bad juju, considering their source and the spirit in which they were given. Clean 'em up and smoke 'em, sayeth I.

Richard Burley":qvaz9ajk said:
Are the pipes any good? I'd say that's rather moot, Deep River Bob. Giving them away now would obviously bring bad juju, considering their source and the spirit in which they were given. Clean 'em up and smoke 'em, sayeth I.
That much is certain.......

Now THAT is a cool story! Did you not feel tempted to point out your real name is The Ozark Wizard? I recon that would have impressed.

I say keep and enjoy the pipes too. :D

Wiz - The Medico is straightforward enough, but I'm not sure off-hand about the Crofton or Yello-Bole. The Royal Danish is a Stanwell second. Lovely little pile of briar, one way or the other. Enjoy them!

Stick":hqgoiquu said:
Now THAT is a cool story! Did you not feel tempted to point out your real name is The Ozark Wizard? I recon that would have impressed.

I say keep and enjoy the pipes too. :D
It went through my mind briefly, then I realized that Ozark Wizard is more of a title, a 'Nom De Guerre', so to speak. It's enough to be accused of Shamanistic behaviors and parabolic speech...

I think I'll start the rice and hop off to the wood barn and start buffing one of these guys up.

I'll bet they clean up nicely and will look forward to the refurbished pics. Looks like you have yourself some fine pipes there Deep River. (Gotta get used to this new salutation for you Ozzie!)

8)

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":h5ax9qcg said:
I'll bet they clean up nicely and will look forward to the refurbished pics. Looks like you have yourself some fine pipes there Deep River. (Gotta get used to this new salutation for you Ozzie!)

8)

Cheers,

RR
Ozzie is fine, I have no need for a new salutation. :roll:

Not bad sir, not bad at all. I kinda like the Yello-Bole and the Royal Danish (Stanwell), oughta be good smokers I bet.
Hey, and ya wont have to put your binoculars on to light'em either. ;)

Ozark Wizard":wqq5vwnn said:
These are the pipes. They are a bit rough. A Crafton(?), Medico, Royal Danish 990, and a Yello bole. I think. I'll have to give them a bit of attention....

Are these any good? They're pretty short, compared to what I'm used to.............
I am a fan of Yello-Boles. I like the looks of the Royal Danish.

Enjoy!

That Yello-Bole bent dog looks pretty nice! I've got a couple of Royal Danish pipe that have been good smokers. Nice haul!

Been working on the Yello Bole, still trying to get the stem black again, though the brown tint went from a brown/green to an almost blackish brown. While cleaning out the bowl I'm getting a hint of Lakeland scent.....

Aw, heck with it. Where's my Grasmere? Time to hit this puppy, give it a test drive.....