No more room for baccy reorganization project.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juanmedusa

Reaction score
Well, I have a pretty accommodating piece of furniture for all my tobacco related hoarding. It's been my intention to confine my collection to the bounds of this cabinet and really thought it was more than accommodating. As time went on it filled up pretty dramatically to the point where I ran out of room and started setting tins and stuff up on top. I already had some decorations and the cigars up there which I was comfortable with but anything more felt like spill over. I decided it was time to try to reorganize it all and hopefully improve the situation.

This first pic is the before.

This is the collection laid out for your viewing pleasure. This was not placed in any organized way. It got organized on its way back in.

This is the finished effort. Definitely a bit better.

Thanks for checking out my HOARD!

So when are you opening your B&M ? :twisted: :twisted:  Looks like you have a nice "inventory" now you need to fill a companion cabinet with PIPES to smoke it in !! :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":o6twwa3p said:
So when are you opening your B&M ? :twisted: :twisted:  Looks like you have a nice "inventory" now you need to fill a companion cabinet with PIPES to smoke it in !! :twisted: :twisted:

I should have made it more clear and opened those glass doors on the top half in the first pic. If I had you would see this!

With a cabinet that big, you need at least 200 pipes to accomadate that much 'baccy !! :twisted: :twisted: Both of those upper partions needs to be FILLED with racks FULL of pipes !! :twisted: :twisted:

I think it's either a pipe cabinet or a tobacco cabinet.  Looks like another cabinet is required!  8)

juan, certainly that is an impressive reorganization effort, but my suggestion would be to go ahead and dedicate the current cabinet to pipes exclusively. I say the current cabinet, because at some point there will in all probability be another.

The next order of business would be to commandeer one of the walk in closets in your home, and proceed to construct a closet humidor. Depending on how you shelve your humidor, it could serve double duty for pipes as well as cigars.

In the early stages of Tobacco Acquisition Disorder, it may seem a bit overboard. However, to those of us who have been afflicted with the disorder for years, we can see exactly where this is going.

In the long run, you will spend less time reorganizing your collection. This will leave more time for pipe smoking, adding additional inventory to your cellar, and sitting back and admiring your cellar.

Here is a link to give you an idea just how overboard a tobacco aficionado can go, whose intent is to stay at the top of their game.

http://robustojoe.com/tobacco-cigars/cigar-closet/

Juan, that is a fantastic stash and a great bit of pipage. Congrats to you Sir. Not sure I could smoke the Oxi Clean though ;)

John, that cabinet is too neat. But once you start digging for a blend I'm sure all that organization will fall by the wayside. I love the setup though. :) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Keep in mind, if that cabinet has legs, there is room for 1/2 pint jars under it....

BTW, is that an Osage Orange wood pipe I see???????

(smirk)

Ozark Wizard":dh84sma6 said:
Keep in mind, if that cabinet has legs, there is room for 1/2 pint jars under it....

BTW, is that an Osage Orange wood pipe I see???????

(smirk)
Are you talking about my beautiful hardwood pipe on the riser on the bottom pipe shelf with proprietary chamber swatch? What do you know about it? Or the two little silver tins in the tobacco array photo at top center? :lol!:

That there is my Ozark Wizard hardwood and you can't have it back!

eklektos44":xvvuhzpp said:
John, that cabinet is too neat. But once you start digging for a blend I'm sure all that organization will fall by the wayside. I love the setup though. :) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I'm trying to work on those 4 freezer bags of bulks first anyways! Most of that was from being mercilessly bombed. They were separated by type, placed with a boveda packet to keep from becoming tinder and double freezer bagged to avoid moisture loss. I've been smoking out of them and it seems that system is keeping all that pretty well stable but how can I open a tin in good conscience right now? I should be a little safe from digging at this point. :drunken:

Stick":5w0zjhpl said:
Juan, that is a fantastic stash and a great bit of pipage.  Congrats to you Sir.  Not sure I could smoke the Oxi Clean though  ;)  

Good point. That left side at the top there and hiding behind the four bulk freezer packages is all the maintenance supplies. Stem polish, briar polishes, obsidian oil, towels, sand paper,micro mesh, Fiebing's dyes, oxyclean, gloves, the hand waxes for anything I don't want to send for buffing waxing, droppers, applicators, medicine cups. It's all got to fit in the cabinet!

Monbla, Clay, Dutch.....

All the expansion you guys are talking about might be doable once me and the wife get more permanent housing.. Right now we're renting and the idea of (Monbla) adding substantial amount of pipes, (Clay) adding a second large piece of furniture, or (Dutch) building in a cellar just seems premature. I'd have to pay for it or build it now and perhaps move it shortly. But I like where your heads are at!

juanmedusa":d5kxbk2s said:
Monbla, Clay, Dutch.....

All the expansion you guys are talking about might be doable once me and the wife get more permanent housing.. Right now we're renting and the idea of (Monbla) adding substantial amount of pipes, (Clay) adding a second large piece of furniture, or (Dutch) building in a cellar just seems premature. I'd have to pay for it or build it now and perhaps move it shortly. But I like where your heads are at!
Lots of wisdom on all fronts here. Not the least of which is that juan has a practical view of his situation as expressed above. Nowt more to say about that.

Cheers,

RR