No-Nik

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugsahearn

Reaction score
Hiya mugs, I recently acquired a NOS Savinelli Punto Oro. It came in the older savinelli box that's similar to the on they use now with different gold writing. On the side of the box it has a gold sticker in place that I just noticed that says "No-Nik". Now I've seen Sav No-Nik pipes here and there but I've always assumed they were some type of gimmick filter system thats meant to reduce nicotine (which something that sounds absolutely terrible and ungodly to me). Does anyone know what No-Nik pipes actually are?

I remember reading somewhere that they were Savinelli's drilled for a 9mm filter rather than a 6mm or none at all.

I have a few 9mm pipes that I smoke with out a filter and they are fine smokers. AKA, the poor man's reverse calabash.

I think they are in reference to the stem, not the filtration. But I may be completely wrong.

No-Nik  =  No Fills :D

"The No-Nik was in fact the same Savinelli Milano but adjusted for the 9mm filter". No nicotine with that big filter :shock:

The Sav Milano is a very nice pipe, please go to mr Google and you will see they are high class pipes. Your pipe is equal to this but stamped Punto Oro, I believe.

Btw, I'm a Savinelli fan and own 20 of them of which 8 Punto Oro

There you are !

SpeedyPete":1a86pqe4 said:

"The No-Nik was in fact the same Savinelli Milano but adjusted for the 9mm filter".  No nicotine with that big filter  :shock:

The Sav Milano is a very nice pipe, please go to mr Google and you will see they are high class pipes. Your pipe is equal to this but stamped Punto Oro, I believe.

There you are !
Hey speedy I'm a little confused by what you mean. The pipe is the punto oro 111, it def looks like a punto oro, but the box has a no-nik sticker on it. So does the no-nik mean 9mm filter? If so thats awesome, because it means smoking w out the filter it will have a wide open draw i assume

Bugsahearn":wioba6xo said:
SpeedyPete":wioba6xo said:

"The No-Nik was in fact the same Savinelli Milano but adjusted for the 9mm filter".  No nicotine with that big filter  :shock:

There you are !
Hey speedy I'm a little confused by what you mean. The pipe is the punto oro 111, it def looks like a punto oro, but the box has a no-nik sticker on it. So does the no-nik mean 9mm filter? If so thats awesome, because it means smoking w out the filter it will have a wide open draw i assume
You are quite right, the No-Nik refers to the fact that it can take a 9mm filter. I've got a couple of them but never use a filter. And the smoooooooth draw is why I love my Savs :D