No weapons in the workplace? Really?!?!?!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

DWSmith

Reaction score
We're going through our annual violence free workplace training or as I like to call it, "How to be a sitting duck during an attack."

As with most places we can be fired for having any weapons at work. (Fortunately I currently work from home but that can change.) But if someone comes into the workplace with a weapon and begins attacking us we're being told we should improvise a weapon (???) if we can't escape the area. (But then we have a weapon so can we be fired if we survive?)

Basically being of a Boy Scout mentality I like to be prepared. Other than keeping a box of rocks in the office or a pair of desk scissors or a letter opener handy have any of you come up with ideas for using common office items as improvised weapons?

Last edited:

tslots

Reaction score
hole.jpg

Timbo

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I second the model M keyboard, I use one daily. Love the noisey typing and you could bludgeon someone to death with one, then use it to write their obit...

Fr_Tom

Chaplain
Reaction score
We went through a training in using a chemical fire extinguisher for self defense. The basic technique is to spray them in the face as you run toward them - hitting them with the fire extinguisher as you run by. I knocked the head off of the "practice dummy" when it was my turn for the hands-on.

DWSmith

Reaction score
I have a problem with the hypocrisy of the employer that says you can't have a weapon but you can improvise a weapon.

Tbradsim

Reaction score
I’m retired from Exxon in Baton Rouge, plant was in a very dangerous part of City, you had to check your weapon in at guard shack, like a good employee to I did, like a smart employee I had another in my truck, reason my unit was alongside a very bad street, drug deals, people caught climbing the 10 ft fence. The smoking bench was on the side of the control center, late one afternoon I was smoking with a Marine Buddy, we heard a shot and the shells at our feet kicked up, we both dove to the ground while 2 other started looking up, we’re screaming get down, fucking civilians, that’s the reason I had my hog leg in my truck!

Ranger107

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I have a problem with the hypocrisy of the employer that says you can't have a weapon but you can improvise a weapon.
Agreed. Same with schools. We bave armed security at the courthouse, most banks, and my old Ranger unit has provided security for political candidates but some people still don't want police officers in schools which are more vulnerable. Seems very hypocritical to me.

DWSmith

Reaction score
yep, Politicans, rich people want their body guards, but us 20$ an hr people should suck hind titty, no man is gonna tell me I can’t protect myself and family, I Garronte !

The Queen of hypocrites:

Last edited:

Ranger107

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I think she has been topped by Stacy Abrams in GA who spent $500K on private security while pushing to defund police. Because she is so special, lol.