None Smoke Better Than a Wilke

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I love these old Wilke briars and have acquired several. I've yet to encounter a bad smoke out of all of them. Anyone else a Wilke smoker out there?

I actually have a few Wilke billiards, fine smokers each one, and a prince which is being refurbished. But, the real winners are 2 1/4 bents which were identified as carved by Steve Johnson when he worked for Wilke. I've had them about 13 years, and Steve worked for Wilke in the early 70s, so they must be at least 35 years old. And, they smoke exceptionally well.

I have not had the pleasure of owning a Wilke but I have always heard very good things about them. I will be on the look out for one at the shows!

morleysson":ki7sgm2t said:
I actually have a few Wilke billiards, fine smokers each one, and a prince which is being refurbished. But, the real winners are 2 1/4 bents which were identified as carved by Steve Johnson when he worked for Wilke. I've had them about 13 years, and Steve worked for Wilke in the early 70s, so they must be at least 35 years old. And, they smoke exceptionally well.
The fist pic is of an old Wilke which I'm certain Steve Johnson carved and the other two are Johnson's own pipes.He's a very nice guy and actually came to and SHPC meeting a few years ago representing the new generation Comoy's pipes.I understand he's doing something with fishing gear now...

IMG_3198.jpg

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3186.jpg

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

I too have heard very good reports on these pipes.

I have not seen a shape I like yet, mind you those Doc has would tempt me.