Nordh On E-Bay

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I'd not go as far as to call it 'ugly' it is certainly very 'ordinary' reminding me of many an Edwards 'Benton grade' pipe. If someone is willing to part with $1000.00 for it, they may buy it with my blessings. :roll:

I'm no Danish expert, but something doesn't smell right. When carvers crank out stuff like that in their early years, it's almost always anonymously, as one of the work force learning their trade on the line. By the time they WANT their name associated with their work it's because they've risen above the pack.

The fact that Nordh pipes are easily among the most expensive on the planet makes it even more suspicious.

Keep your eye on that listing. Betcha it comes down.

Well I wouldn't say it's ugly, it's a very nice pipe in my opinion. I think that if the seller had polished it up, waxed and made nicer photos it would cause different reactions. I actually love the shape, very elegant and danish. It looks like it's an earlier piece, but I'm far from being an expert... Anyway I wouldn't refuse if someone offered it to me! :D

I saw that one this morning and had similar thoughts as some of you other guys...just does not pass the smell test. I'd be very suspicious.

I DO actually think it's legit but VERY early. The stamping looks right. The pipe was handled for many years which is quite evident when you look closely at the muting/fading/haziness/wearing down of the letters. If it is a forgery, it's one that was made a looong time ago. Since Nordh's work was relatively unknown in those years this seems unlikely to me. The pipe has a real W.O Larsen vibe to it. It looks like a typical Danish pipe made during the 70's. I think what you have here is a pipe made at the very begining stages of the master's career. It's real, just a bit primitive when compared to Bo's later work.

Also, the feedback of the seller is stellar! If it IS a fake/forgery you can best believe that the seller is ignorant of this. If it were a man looking to turn a quick buck he's simply say he bought it at a tag sale or an auction and knows nothing about pipes. His description would imply that he knows what he's talking about somewhat....

wojtekpastuch":92neeyz4 said:
Well I wouldn't say it's ugly, it's a very nice pipe in my opinion. I think that if the seller had polished it up, waxed and made nicer photos it would cause different reactions. I actually love the shape, very elegant and danish. It looks like it's an earlier piece, but I'm far from being an expert... Anyway I wouldn't refuse if someone offered it to me! :D
I'll say it, it's ugly! :mrgreen:

Natch

They bid it up to three grand and the reserve wasn't met ! :p