North American Society of Pipe Collectors

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougc905

Reaction score
The following is a shameless plug for NASPC...

Reading the post in Ye Old Pipe Rack from Roogles regarding S&R Pipes in Columbus brought me to the realisation that nobody has mentioned the NASPC lately. Well, since the beginning of December anyway...

The North American Society of Pipe Collectors, formerly Ohio Pipe Collectors, continues to be based in and around Columbus. They host the yearly pipe show that takes place there at the end of August. Roogles and ZeroContent are at ground zero for this organisation. I've been a member since they were the Ohio Pipe Collectors.

Check their website: www.naspc.org

For the really cheap cost of a yearly membership, you will receive printed newsletters that bring together announcements of all of the pipe shows in the U.S. as well as member submitted articles on a variety of subjects. Imagine a paper newsletter delivered to your door. Very retro. This organisation is worth spending the membership fee on. If you get Pipes & Tobaccos magazine, then you should consider joining NASPC if only to get their newsletter.

Pat yourself on the back. I just joined. (Not entirely because of you, to be honest. It's been on my mind. But your post made it happen now.)

Started my pipe smoking days in Columbus, and continuing them today in the Cleveland Area.

I'm planning a vacation to visit some old friends in the Columbus area in late August, specifically so that I can be around for the show. I'll be joining as soon as I convince my better half to relax her grip on the purse strings!

I'm glad you pointed this out again Doug.

I strongly hinted at my wife and family that a 2012 subscription to the NASPC, would be a great stocking stuffer for Christmas but alas the hint was not taken...

So... As soon as the new year hits (payday and all of that) I'm signing myself up for a 2012 membership.

I already have the pipe show on my calendar for August. Looking forward to it!

Cheers!

I joined a few weeks ago and received my membership card in the mail last week. I am looking forward to getting the newsletter soon.

I've been a member for a few years now I look forward to every new magazine, they have great articles and just some good reading while enjoying a smoke, my little peice of heaven.
Best Regards
Richard

I have gone to the last two shows in Columbus. It's quite an experience to feel like a kid in a candy store at my age. Lots of pipes, good deals, tobacco and, above all, nice, welcoming, and informative people. I don't know why I never thought about joining but I will be correcting that oversight as soon as I return home. (Now on the road in Cleveland for a youth hockey tournament.)

I have thought about joining that club for years now...maybe its time I just DO IT!!
Im going to look into this a little further.

Thought I'd revive this old thread for a second...my wife and I are planning a few weekend trips in the late summer, on of which will be to Columbus. According to the calender on the NAPSC website, their pipe show is Sat. 8/25. There's nothing else mentioned anywhere other than the calendar entry - I just wanted to make sure this date is still good. Is there anyone 'in the know' that can verify that everything is still set for that day? If so, I'll be planning to attend.

Thanks guys!

I have the date on my calendar and have already lined up a potential baby-sitter for the day so that I can come up to the show on 8/25.

I'm not sure where to obtain more info (aside from the website) - but I'm planning to be there!

Joined NASPC in early March with a gift membership to Dreadgerbil. Worth it.

MisterE":4r251yfh said:
DoverPipes gifted me a membership as well. Good publication.
If anyone is seriously interested in becoming a new member, I can probably swing an incredible deal for you. If there is enough interest that is......

PM me if you like.

Just my 2c :NASPC really does fine work with their shows and their publication.
We really need to support organizations like this. As we all know, the Nanny State wants to take away your right to smoke (or even own) your pipes and tobacco. Being part of a group that has our interests at hand is always good.......

I joined myself in December. The newsletter is wonderful and easily worth the $10 electronic subscription. Each one is emailed to me, I load it on the Kindle and retain the PDF. Than, I print a color copy on our office laser jet as I like flipping thru a magazine when smoking. Several of the contributors are also members of the SmokersForum.uk, and are great guys in general (Marc Dion & Steven Laug). Bill Unger offered me all of the 2010 issues for $5, which was steal and kept me busy for a few weeks catching up.

Finally got around to joining...I've been "going to do that when I get home from work" for the last two or three months, now.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this much-lauded newsletter is all about!

The latest edition was emailed last week; August i believe. I enjoy every one.

riff raff":hmin4qbi said:
Bill Unger offered me all of the 2010 issues for $5, which was steal and kept me busy for a few weeks catching up.
I have every issue since they were called the Ohio Pipe Collectors and it was corner stapled 8.5x11". Not sure why I'm keeping them. Must be a hoarding instinct in me.

dougc905":nehq8bth said:
riff raff":nehq8bth said:
Bill Unger offered me all of the 2010 issues for $5, which was steal and kept me busy for a few weeks catching up.
I have every issue since they were called the Ohio Pipe Collectors and it was corner stapled 8.5x11". Not sure why I'm keeping them. Must be a hoarding instinct in me.
Mine are all saved electronically. I print/read and discard, saving the electronic PDF version......less clutter.