Northwoods

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CipsterX

Reaction score
Orders 6 ounces and I should have gotten a pound it is hands down of the best English tobaccos I have ever smoked.

I agree. That was one that I particularly enjoyed for quite a while. I later came back to it with miles of latakia blends under my belt, and found it a bit overly cased. I did enjoy the sweet woodsy quality that it had when I first tried it. Seattle PC Plum Pudding has a similar sweet woodsy quality with a boat load of crazy wonderful flavors. Have you had that one?

I picked up some of this blend last weekend, and after 4 or 5 bowls I'm still sort of on the fence. It is clearly a good woodsy lat blend, but there is something almost metallic that comes and goes as the bowl progresses. I can't decide if its just a nuance or if its enough to put me off. I do find it a bit wet and have to try drying a bit to see how that works. The Seattle Club blends are on my list.
Mike.

It was good, but I preferred Shortcut to Mushrooms as a crossover. I don't smoke either at this time.

You might think I'm crazy, but I've been making a 50:50 mix of Northwoods and Carter hall. It is amazingly good!
Mike.

I only have about 3 bowls left of Northwoods. I like it, but to me it's missing something. Maybe a little spicyness. McClelland Dark English Full is very similar to Northwoods, I bought some thinking it would be a heavy blend, to me it taste like northwoods.

MichaelM":van5t18k said:
You might think I'm crazy, but I've been making a 50:50 mix of Northwoods and Carter hall.  It is amazingly good!
Mike.
Try some P.A. instead......