Not a good day

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelM

Reaction score
I left for work this morning and found several local roads closed by police.  Helicopters were circling. I assumed a bad accident had occured.  A few hours later my wife called.  Someone had apparently taken hostages at a house a few blocks away and there was a police standoff.  Schools went into lockdown, and wrong information was abundant.  In the end it turned out some bxxxxrd killed 6 people in the area, and the the police wound up having a standoff with a house containing 3 dead people and one seriously injured 17 year old boy. The killer was long gone and is still at large.  The full story is here: http://www.montgomerynews.com/articles/2014/12/15/souderton_independent/news/doc548ef461879bb984963324.txt
Now we believe that the family in that house, husband, wife, 14 year old daughter and the young boy, were the son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren of my neighbor.  All 6 people killed were members of the killers ex wife's family, 4 generations.
I live in a "safe" far suburb of Philly.  Prior to this there has been exactly one murder in my town in 40 years.  I can't really express how shocking this all is to me and my wife.  Thank God we are fine, but this sort of thing leaves a scar on a community that will not go away any time soon. Don't let anyone tell you that monsters don't exist.

I am glad that you and your family are safe. I do know how these things affect the community. I will pray for the family members of the murdered, as well as your community. I hope that the community comes together in an amazing way, and that y'all heal quickly from this terrible tradgedy.

There's no place safe from Evil, it may hide for sometime but,
it always pops it's ugly head up sooner or later.:suspect:

Glad you and your family are safe and were not involved. ;)

I just heard about this on the radio during my drive in to work. I hope they catch the sob quickly. So happy to know you and your family are safe.

You're absolutely right about evil Ron.

As it turns out, the company that owns the newspaper I work for also owns that cluster of local papers linked to in the original post, and it's the sort of "local from somewhere else" coverage all of our products in the region will report on, so I've been following the story since it started.

It's been hard enough to read about from a distance for the past two days - I can't imagine being that close to the tragedy. Like MM said, it's one of things that affects the whole community and leaves a mark that takes a long, long time to heal. It's like a school shooting in that way, I suppose.

Glad to hear you're safe, Mike, but I hate to imagine what your neighbors are going through.

Well,the guy killed himself today. Stabbed himself to death.
And while there is evil, there is also an awful lot of good in the world. There were prayer services today and there is a fundraiser for the boy that had raised over $9000. My neighbor's drive was filled with cars all day as family and friends offered support.
Thanks all for you kind thoughts, prayers, and good vibes for those affected,
Mike.