Not bombed...HARPOONED!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
A few days after a simple business deal with a brother here I get this box in the mail.  Hmmm.  Should I call the Bomb Squad?  Well...it looked harmless enough (the best ones always do).  Opened it up and found a black box inside.  Hmmm.  Found a letter too.  Hot damn!  It’s a “gift”.  Aside from a very nice letter I discovered a new Opus 88 Demonstrator (a fountain pen...a really nice one).  Unique...it’s an ‘eye dropper’ pen...you unscrew the body of the pen from the nib section and fill it from a bottle with an eye dropper.  It takes 3.5 fl Oz of ink, which is HUGE).  The thing is beautifully machined.  You can’t see the seams.  It’s big and slightly heavy and feels and writes superbly.

Thanks Briar Beagle.  You da man!  Of course I don’t deserve a gift like this, but I ain’t sending it back.  :)

Currently inked with Apache Sunset...

Very nice pen and my goodness it’s huge. That’s a awesome color too. Congratulations on the great gift.

Did I hear it right? Did I hear some say they have a big fatty fire up and pass around? Puff puff puff pass you’re messing up the rotation

eggman":s1wci4iv said:
Did I hear it right? Did I hear some say they have a big fatty fire up and pass around? Puff puff puff pass you’re messing up the rotation

Calm down son. Take a minute to settle yourself before you go off the deep end.

eggman":syu3gg5m said:
Don’t forget...what you’re referring to is legal here in Oregon.  There are Green Cross stores all over the place. And not limited to medical use. Just don’t let the Feds catch you.

Nice pen! I've found a bit of weight and girth makes a writing instrument much more comfortable. :cheers:

The photo is skewed. That’s a small hand. I have XXL glove size hands and it feels very good to me. And I agree...I like a bit of heft as well. It’s really a beautiful pen.

In case I missed it, what size nib is on it? How does it write?