Not much info on this one

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
This next pipe is marked Universiale Brevettato Superigiencio on the side inside of a fancy scroll type surround and radica 1936 across the top of the shank, the stem is a unique system that screws in using a knurled wheel attached to the horn stem, and the bowl is oval shaped both inside and out.

I haven't had any luck finding any in finding any information about the company so they must have not been of any influence in the pipe industry but looking at the way it's put together and what was used my guess is they came to being prior to WW II and once the war was over never started up again but these are my conclusions nothing more. Keeping it smokey with some Villagers 1888 After Dinner.
banjo

36781808195_2faf9f91cf_z_d.jpg

Very nice pipe indeed. Since it's from the '30's that might be an 18kt gold band. A few months ago I picked up a beauty at a yard sale and I did a test and it's not gold plated, it's 18kt. A Charatan Supreme 18kt gold band straight grain, in the middle of restoring. Have not been home for 16 days. I want this ready for my smoking pleasure by Thanksgiving. The grain from what I can see it beautiful.

Even early LHS pipes were 12kt filled or 14kt to 18kt solid. The H in LHS was a family member, can't say much more out of respect for him. Yes, I was also born in Brooklyn. Grew up around pipes :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!