November Bombing Mission - Toxic Turkey!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Well folks, here we are, November almost. Time to start thinking about that great Thanksgiving tradition...Toxic Turkey...as that's how this little adventure will be known.

Hit date is the 30th...five days after Thanksgiving...and by then that bird's gonna be gettin' TOXIC!

You'll all be getting mission information in a while, so no whining and sniveling.

READ THIS!!! All pilots that flew the last mission will be automatically getting mission data unless you PM me with regrets due to whatever lame excuse you can come up with. If you did NOT fly the last mission you have to PM me to request being included in this one...and it will be a very special one to be sure!

PLEASE keep the PM's to me down to a 'need' basis as this will be a very busy time on this end, making all the special arrangements needed to ensure this specific event will come off as well as October. It's unique, it's different, it's TOXIC! And in honor of that toxicity, there will be special guidelines for bombing this round, and a higher degree of checking in required. Only those pilots that believe themselves capable of being able to meet deadlines with return PM's and check-in's should apply or agree to fly.

And so...the game is afoot.

Haven't missed one yet!!

wy5005350a.png" style="width: 400;height: 282

No lame excuses here, only a serious need to put my falcon in the air and cook the goose of some poor turkey...cry havoc, and let slip the birds of war!

I would like to blow stuff up if I might be allowed entry

rev

One of the best parts of the month is gettin' the PM that tells me who to blow up.

...and I'll take D&B's helping of candied yams. :pig:

It looks like we might have a new member...the rev. Not a done deal yet so hold off on your congrats til he's confirmed by the Executive High Council, etc.

Just so you guys know...membership in the Squadron is not a right of one's membership in the BoB...it's selective. It has developed into a 3- 4 step process.

1) Someone asks to be a member via PM to me.

2) I PM the person, asking WHY. I tell them to explain it in simple, brief terms. I also let them know that I will send them the "Squadron Guidelines" to review...making sure they are getting into something that is what they thought it was...and that as they are looking that over I'm looking over their 'statement' and if we both like what we see...then we can call it a 'match' and they'll be in.

3) Their response is received by me and I send out the Guidelines. In addition I pull up their Personal page and review their posts to date...the ones they're started and where they've posted on what others have started...to get a feel for how they deal with others and the kind of things they say in print for all to see. If I have concerns I PM the applicant and ask questions.

4) When both parties are satisfied and at least apprear to be in agreement that membership will be a positive experience for both sides...the person is daclared a member, and forwards their personal informaton, ie. name and address.

(Remember - the Squadron, of which we are all members, is a reflection not only of what we DO, but how we act...what we say and how we say it and how we interact with each other, etc., etc., etc.)

To date, my 'investigations' haven't uncovered anything to be concerned about (which is good) but several guys that I guess thought we did things one way discovered as they read the Guidelines, that what they thought wasn't quite something they could agree to...as they bowed out for whatever specific reason. So that part has worked well.

So...in keeping with my policty of 'glasnost' - the rev is reviewing the Guidelines and if all looks OK, he'll be out newest member, worthy of all rights and privilages of Squadron membership...as soon as we discover what those might be. lol

Keep a lookout for November Mission Information...Due out SOON.

IF YOU ALREADY PLEDGED YOUR INVOLVEMENT IN THE TOXIC TURKEY MISSION, THEY YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED "IN" AND AUTOMATICALLY RECEIVE MISSION ORDERS WHEN READY. IF YOU HAVE NOT YET POSTED HERE THAT YOU WANT TO BE "IN" THEN YOU WILL RECEIVE A DESCRIPTION OF THE MISSION WITHOUT SPECIFIC TARGET INFORMATIONM, ETC. AND WILL NEED TO POST THAT YOU'RE "IN" TO GET THE FINAL DETAILS. KAPEESH?