nutty/slightly sweet

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nohackle

Reaction score
Fellas,
I'm back at pipe smoking after a long hiatus. Very much appreciate all the helpful advice here. Some of the best advice I wish I had found earlier I came across over on Mr. Pease's site....... to paraphrase " folks new to pipe smoking should turn to a fuller flavored blend rather than the traditional aromatic recommendation." This is so true and as he describes fuller flavored tobaccos teach you how to smoke correctly as you are not so inclined to smoke too fast which I'm certainly guilty of in my attempt to get some flavor from certain aromatics.. I'm very much enjoying Barbary coast and seem to enjoy blends folks describe as nutty/ sweet. Any of your favorite that fit this description you might recommend.

appreciate it
nh

jhuggett":noqeushp said:
C&D's Pennington Gap may be right up your alley.
C&D Pennington Gap is very good as far as being nutty and somewhat sweet.

I know that most folks here think that I sound like a broken record but another very fine blend that fits the bill of being nutty and subtly sweet is, you guessed it folks!

JOHN MIDDLETON WALNUT!

All kidding aside, Walnut is a very good blend, contrary to what the resident tobacco snobs say it is pure tobacco satisfaction. It is nutty, subtly sweet, smooth with no bite what so ever!

I highly recommend it!