NY Pipe Show 4-5-08 Short Recap & Aquisitions

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'll be writing up a full recap of the NY pipe show in next month's SHPC Gazette but for now I'll give you the "cliffnotes" version :lol:

The pre-show previews Friday evening consisted of just one this year, Don Seater's "James Island Piper". As per usual Donald had a very nice selection of mainly high end Danish,North American and Canadian pipes including some rather awesome Julius Vesz rain drops which were unfortunately a bit to small for me.

As for the show itself,it seems that vendors were down a bit and walk in traffic was noticeably off. That said,the folks that WERE there WERE spending. There were very few "window shoppers". Those that came bought and bought quite alot. The vendors that I talked to all did extremely well. This is obviously a very positive sign for the future of the show. If vendors sell a great volume of pipes they'll surely return next year regardless of attendance numbers.It seems that while the casual collector did'nt come this year, the serious collector did. I actually knew almost every attendee that walked through the door and what their specialtie is.

I did do a good deal of buying myself.Within a week I'll be posting pics of everything but for now here's the short list of em' :lol:

3 JD Cookes (all blasts of course)
1 Former
1 Peter Heeshen
1 Kurt Balleby
1 Cornelius Manez
1 Peter Hedegaard
1 Brian Ruthenberg
1 Larry Roush

& Quite a bit of various GLP made NASPC Blends & Hermit Tobacco "Vintage Series" Blends...

Needless to say it was an excellent show :bounce:

Best,
Dock

Thanks for the report Dock.

Sounds like there were some great carvers represented.

You sure got some mighty fine pipes. Congratulations!!!!!